Error on 10 nForce Chipset Mobo Article

G

Hi,
First post! I have noticed an error on the the above mentioned article, it's not big. But I thought it would be worth mentioning.....

The Asus board doesn't have 2 realtek on board LAN's. It has 1 realtek and 1 3com.

Not that it would make much difference.

On another note, the questionaire I filled in as part of signup process. My nationality is NOT 'United Kingdom', that isn't a nationality, I am either British or in my case English. I say English, because Scotland and Wales now have their own government and I don't want to be associated with them. (No offense)

Thanks

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
Interesting point, but somewhat picky (I suppose US citizens have to select 'America' as their nationality, when in fact it's America<b>n</b>). incidentally, this sort of post should probably go under the OTHER section, but you don't wanna go there... :smile:

Aside from that, welcome to the forum!

---
$hit Happens. I just wish it would happen to someone else for a change.

Prof133

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2003
The Asus board doesn't have 2 realtek on board LAN's. It has 1 realtek and 1 3com.
Asus A7n8x deluxe has two ethernet MACs - one from nVidia and the other from 3Com. Two different Physical Layers are used to enable both connections. The physical layer for the nVidia Ethernet MAC is provided by realtek.

<b><font color=blue>Logic over all.</font color=blue></b>