CD eject problem

I trying to figure out if I have a HW CD manual eject problem. I have a

R50 with a CD-RW/DVD ultra drive unit. Most of the time with a CD in
the drive unit, I can eject the CD with the blue colored button. But I
can not eject the CD when installing a program that asks me to switch a
CD disk. This happens other times also but I can't remember the
situations.

Is there a setting somewhere or do I have a defective drive unit? I
wait until the drive stops on whatever it is doing before depressing the

blue button. I've also tried the Eject from the browser.

Thanks -
2 answers Last reply
More about eject problem

    Take a paper clip, straighten it out a bit, and stick one end into the tiny
    hole by the drive itself. It should cause the drive to pop right out. And
    "No," I am not kidding.

    I don't know why they can't make something that ejects when you tell it to!
    But apparently they can't, so the paper clip method can come in handy.

    On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 10:01:56 -0700, Harlen Ng <harlen@cadence.com> wrote:

    >I trying to figure out if I have a HW CD manual eject problem. I have a
    >
    >R50 with a CD-RW/DVD ultra drive unit. Most of the time with a CD in
    >the drive unit, I can eject the CD with the blue colored button. But I
    >can not eject the CD when installing a program that asks me to switch a
    >CD disk. This happens other times also but I can't remember the
    >situations.
    >
    >Is there a setting somewhere or do I have a defective drive unit? I
    >wait until the drive stops on whatever it is doing before depressing the
    >
    >blue button. I've also tried the Eject from the browser.
    >
    >Thanks -

    The biggest problem [HP] with CD's not ejecting is unreadable sectors.

    The more copy protection they install in software / hardware, the more it
    screws with things that need to use them.

    HW or HP ? I had the same problem with win98. and probably would have had the
    same thing on XP if installing directCD were a possibility on XP. Actually it
    is possible, but you have to say yes to the warnings that tell you not to.

    And recovering from that means a reinstall or possibly a clean tool from HP.

    DirectCD isn't compatible with XP. You should get a hp uninstaller program from
    hp support.

CD-Rom Windows XP