CD eject problem

July 3, 2005 2:01:56 PM

I trying to figure out if I have a HW CD manual eject problem. I have a

R50 with a CD-RW/DVD ultra drive unit. Most of the time with a CD in
the drive unit, I can eject the CD with the blue colored button. But I
can not eject the CD when installing a program that asks me to switch a
CD disk. This happens other times also but I can't remember the
situations.

Is there a setting somewhere or do I have a defective drive unit? I
wait until the drive stops on whatever it is doing before depressing the

blue button. I've also tried the Eject from the browser.

Thanks -

More about : eject problem

Anonymous
July 3, 2005 5:33:50 PM

Take a paper clip, straighten it out a bit, and stick one end into the tiny
hole by the drive itself. It should cause the drive to pop right out. And
"No," I am not kidding.

I don't know why they can't make something that ejects when you tell it to!
But apparently they can't, so the paper clip method can come in handy.

"Harlen Ng" <harlen@cadence.com> wrote in message
>I trying to figure out if I have a HW CD manual eject problem. I have a
>
> R50 with a CD-RW/DVD ultra drive unit. Most of the time with a CD in
> the drive unit, I can eject the CD with the blue colored button. But I
> can not eject the CD when installing a program that asks me to switch a
> CD disk. This happens other times also but I can't remember the
> situations.
>
> Is there a setting somewhere or do I have a defective drive unit? I
> wait until the drive stops on whatever it is doing before depressing the
>
> blue button. I've also tried the Eject from the browser.
>
> Thanks -

Anonymous
July 3, 2005 5:47:35 PM

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 10:01:56 -0700, Harlen Ng <harlen@cadence.com> wrote:

>I trying to figure out if I have a HW CD manual eject problem. I have a
>
>R50 with a CD-RW/DVD ultra drive unit. Most of the time with a CD in
>the drive unit, I can eject the CD with the blue colored button. But I
>can not eject the CD when installing a program that asks me to switch a
>CD disk. This happens other times also but I can't remember the
>situations.
>
>Is there a setting somewhere or do I have a defective drive unit? I
>wait until the drive stops on whatever it is doing before depressing the
>
>blue button. I've also tried the Eject from the browser.
>
>Thanks -

The biggest problem [HP] with CD's not ejecting is unreadable sectors.

The more copy protection they install in software / hardware, the more it
screws with things that need to use them.

HW or HP ? I had the same problem with win98. and probably would have had the
same thing on XP if installing directCD were a possibility on XP. Actually it
is possible, but you have to say yes to the warnings that tell you not to.

And recovering from that means a reinstall or possibly a clean tool from HP.

DirectCD isn't compatible with XP. You should get a hp uninstaller program from
hp support.