Windows installer,"server not responding" Java update

Hello,
I hope some one can help. When java updates are ready to install, I click
install,then it says "preparing to install", but never does. Eventually I get
a "server not responding" I have done it many times. I am fixing to try to
build a website for our horses, and didn't know if java would have any effect
doing that or not. Any, I need to find out what is for security reasons if
nothing else. I know there is a way to test the installer, but it is to
technical for me to understand. I was hoing some one would have an idea where
to start. It's a 3.1 (KB893803) what ever that is. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Jill Oliver

Windows Installer 3.1 (v2) is available
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;893803

How to resolve Common "Windows Installer" Problems
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555175

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/