• Virtualbox
  • VMware
Last response: in Windows 7
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
August 31, 2010 4:38:35 AM

Hello,
I have a dell with windows 7 home premium edition and for an odd reason it doesn't want to work with virtual machines. I already installed both vmware and virtualbox with no good results. Whenever I restart my pc, I can't access because the screen turns blue and pops out different warnings abou windows shutting down to prevent damage. All of this whenever I install either virtualbox or vmware. Could somebody help me please? (if I am not mistaken, when the screen turns blues it mentions something about the drivers too) I just pissed of that I bought this pc recently and i wasn't expecting this kind of trouble.

More about : vmware virtualbox problems

August 31, 2010 4:54:42 AM

What guest operating system did you install? Did you enable virtualization in your BIOS?

You are going to have to be more specific about your errors. When exactly does it happen and what does the exact error say. What exactly does the screen look like when you get the error.
m
l
a b \ Driver
a c 215 $ Windows 7
August 31, 2010 5:00:07 AM

Virtualization only enables 64 bit virtual machines to be run as guests inside VMware or VirtualBox. If the host OS is bluescreening after you simply install VMware or VirtualBox, it's likely that there's some part of the program the system doesn't like (the network adapters that VMware installs come to mind). First try reinstalling the apps, but don't have both installed at the same time. Remove both, then reinstall one and see if it works. If not, remove it and reinstall the other.
m
l
August 31, 2010 5:11:08 AM

The_Prophecy said:
Virtualization only enables 64 bit virtual machines to be run as guests inside VMware or VirtualBox.

Good to know.
m
l
!