email attachments

Hi

I have recently installed two brand new pc's and linked them to a network.
Everything seems to be working fine except that I cannot send or receive
attachments with email.

I have norton security but settings seems okay. Any ideas???
--
tjm
9 answers Last reply

    "tmgbhoy" <tmgbhoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I have recently installed two brand new pc's and linked them to a network.
    > Everything seems to be working fine except that I cannot send or receive
    > attachments with email.
    >
    > I have norton security but settings seems okay. Any ideas???
    > --
    > tjm

    What email client and what actually happens when you try to send an
    attachment?

    Thanks for quick reply. I am using hotmail on both pc's. When I try to
    receive a message the dialogue box appears however after about 5 minutes of
    seeming download I get a message in Word (the format the message is sent in)
    telling me it was unable to download the message.

    When I try to attach I get the "page not found" error message.

    Thanks
    --
    tjm

    > Thanks for quick reply. I am using hotmail on both pc's. When I try to
    > receive a message the dialogue box appears however after about 5 minutes
    of
    > seeming download I get a message in Word (the format the message is sent
    in)
    > telling me it was unable to download the message.
    >
    > When I try to attach I get the "page not found" error message.
    >
    > Thanks

    Are you accessing hotmail through IE, or through an email client? (Either
    Outlook or Outlook Express?)

    yes, I am accessing email through Internet Explorer 6.0
    --
    tjm

    > yes, I am accessing email through Internet Explorer 6.0

    Try emptying your temporay Internet files folder and your temp folder first.

    okay - emptied temp internet files and temp folder. Re-tried attaching and
    receiving attachment - no change
    --
    tjm

    In news:BE83E2C5-C7EE-4E6E-A7A6-0094C5DCDD5B@microsoft.com,
    tmgbhoy <tmgbhoy@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > okay - emptied temp internet files and temp folder. Re-tried
    > attaching and receiving attachment - no change
    >
    >> "tmgbhoy" <tmgbhoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>> yes, I am accessing email through Internet Explorer 6.0
    >>
    >> Try emptying your temporay Internet files folder and your temp
    >> folder first.

    Then you might try poppeeper. www.poppeeper.com (It now supports sending
    mail - nice feature.)

    Galen

    without them."

    Sherlock Holmes

    Remove Norton and reboot. Wonders can happen

    --
    Peter

    Peter Foldes wrote:
    > Remove Norton and reboot. Wonders can happen

    Easier said than done!
    -max
    Registered Linux User #393236

Email Microsoft Windows XP