1 WEB PAGE AT A TIME IS ACTIVE...

What is the problem? I am able to open 1 page at a time, automatically
closing the previously opened one, even when I click Internet explorer
repeatedly! In the past I WAS ABLE to open an unlimited number of pages at a
time, not closing the previous ones.... but now once I open a second page the
first page automatically closes. Can someone please help/advise?
3 answers Last reply
More about page time active

    On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 12:24:02 -0700, "Ivos" <Ivos@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote:

    >What is the problem? I am able to open 1 page at a time, automatically
    >closing the previously opened one, even when I click Internet explorer
    >repeatedly! In the past I WAS ABLE to open an unlimited number of pages at a
    >time, not closing the previous ones.... but now once I open a second page the
    >first page automatically closes. Can someone please help/advise?

    Select the desktop status bar [bottom of screen] right click->properties->group
    similar items

    toggle off

    In news:F59B9CBC-5F04-4A30-8B28-F204547F9A11@microsoft.com,
    Ivos <Ivos@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > What is the problem? I am able to open 1 page at a time, automatically
    > closing the previously opened one, even when I click Internet explorer
    > repeatedly! In the past I WAS ABLE to open an unlimited number of
    > pages at a time, not closing the previous ones.... but now once I
    > open a second page the first page automatically closes. Can someone
    > please help/advise?

    Open IE, click tools, options, advanced, UNtick the option to re-use windows
    for launching shortcuts.

    Galen

    without them."

    Sherlock Holmes

    "Ivos" <Ivos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > What is the problem? I am able to open 1 page at a time, automatically
    > closing the previously opened one, even when I click Internet explorer
    > repeatedly! In the past I WAS ABLE to open an unlimited number of
    > pages at a time, not closing the previous ones.... but now once I
    > open a second page the first page automatically closes. Can someone
    > please help/advise?

    Go to Tools | Internet Options | Advanced.
    Uncheck "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts".

    Also, if you have Yahoo Companion, Google toolbar, MSN toolbar, a firewall,
    Earthlink (or another pop-up blocker) My IE2 (a shell for IE) etc.
    Yahoo Companion is a very common cause.

    You'll have to turn off the feature that's blocking new windows or, perhaps,
    uninstall the program (especially uninstall Yahoo Companion).

    With some programs of this type, using Ctrl+click or Shift+click will allow
    a new window.

    If you're *sure* that another program isn't causing this, these links may
    help.
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/IEFAQ.htm Tips #21 & 46
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679
    http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm