XP MCE version 2005 on box but under my computer version 2..

Hi,

Probably a stupid question but it's bugging me. I just bought a new computer
with xp mce 2005 installed. I noticed though that when I right click on my
computer it says it's version 2002 service pack 2. Is that normal?

Yes, that is the only version and all 4 types of Windows XP display the same
version.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"GADZOOCS" <GADZOOCS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Probably a stupid question but it's bugging me. I just bought a new
> computer
> with xp mce 2005 installed. I noticed though that when I right click on my
> computer it says it's version 2002 service pack 2. Is that normal?

Yes.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"GADZOOCS" wrote:

| Hi,
|
| Probably a stupid question but it's bugging me. I just bought a new computer
| with xp mce 2005 installed. I noticed though that when I right click on my
| computer it says it's version 2002 service pack 2. Is that normal?

The definitive method of seeing the version of MCE that is installed on your
computer can be found here

How to determine the version of Media Center that you are running
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;837707

Ignore what it says in the System Control Panel (where you were looking).

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 20:04:01 -0700, GADZOOCS wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Probably a stupid question but it's bugging me. I just bought a new computer
> with xp mce 2005 installed. I noticed though that when I right click on my
> computer it says it's version 2002 service pack 2. Is that normal?

The MCE components run on top of Windows XP. Your Windows XP version year
is 2002 with service pack 2 installed, as it is for all MCE 2005 machines.
The MCE version is found within Media Center by going to Settings, General,
About Media Center.
--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP Windows