Smart people needed

For some reason I can no longer simply use my wheel or sidebars to scroll
line by line. It still actually moves the page Im looking at BUT it does it
in "waves" instead of by the lines. When I use the mouse wheel to move down
for exampe the page will have a "wave" come from top to bottom and once its
done my page will move down. VERY ANNOYING.

I've already tried to go into the control panel/mouse but no changes help.

Please help with any suggestions.

dummy.

Your video adapter drivers probably need to be reinstalled.
Visit the support web site of the manufacturer of your video
card adapter and download the latest drivers.

Before installing them, uninstall the old drivers. In your
Control Panel, open the Add or Remove Programs applet
and look for your video drivers to uninstall.

If you happen to have a notebook computer, visit the notebook
manufacturer's support website to download the correct video
adapter drivers for your specific notebook model.

After installing a fresh set of drivers, right-click on your
desktop and select Properties > Settings, change the Color
Quality to "Highest (32 bit), then adjust your Screen Resolution
to your liking, then click on Apply.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 06:14:03 -0700, Dave C <DaveC@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>For some reason I can no longer simply use my wheel or sidebars to scroll
>line by line. It still actually moves the page Im looking at BUT it does it
>in "waves" instead of by the lines. When I use the mouse wheel to move down
>for exampe the page will have a "wave" come from top to bottom and once its
>done my page will move down. VERY ANNOYING.
>
>I've already tried to go into the control panel/mouse but no changes help.
>
>Please help with any suggestions.
>
>dummy.

Sounds like you've got something eating up resources.

desktop status bar ->right click-> task manager->either processes [to narrow it
down] or performance tab to see just how much CPU usage is being taken. I'm
hovering at 4% right now. If you're above 50%, goto processes or applications
tabs to see what's actually running.
You may have a lot of tray items running and need to unload some of them or
just one huge memory hog.

Virus are good at eating up resources. virus scan if nothing else presents
itself.

You should have seen other things like slow loading of other programs, slow
Long as you have task manager open, look at physical memory and see just much
is available while you're scrolling.
Under totals how many processes ?
All can point to a memory hog.

Then again it just might be a problem with the OS.
Start->admin tools->event viewer->applications->sort by type to see warnings
and errors and see if any of those suggest a memory problem.