Last response: in Computer Brands
Anonymous
a b α HP
September 24, 2004 11:46:01 PM

Hi,

When I try to do a full recovery on a 540N, the system goes through the motions
but, performs a non-destructive recovery. No format, system boots us as it was
before the process. So problems continue.

This is a series that was affected by SP1. Have to run the HP Patch which I
suspect affected the Compaq partition.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Salt

More about : system recovery

Anonymous
a b α HP
October 6, 2004 11:45:28 PM

On the seventh day, Salt wrote...

> Hi,
>
> When I try to do a full recovery on a 540N, the system goes through the motions
> but, performs a non-destructive recovery. No format, system boots us as it was
> before the process. So problems continue.
>
> This is a series that was affected by SP1. Have to run the HP Patch which I
> suspect affected the Compaq partition.
>
> Any ideas?

Why do people always suspect that HP/Compaq is to blame for whatever
problem they have?

I suggest you'd repost your question in a Microsoft Windows group.

If I were you I'd delete the partition and restart installing Windows or
use the destructive recovery.

Nostalgia is like a grammar lesson. You find the present tense,
and the past perfect.