System Recovery

Hi,

When I try to do a full recovery on a 540N, the system goes through the motions
but, performs a non-destructive recovery. No format, system boots us as it was
before the process. So problems continue.

This is a series that was affected by SP1. Have to run the HP Patch which I
suspect affected the Compaq partition.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Salt
1 answer Last reply
More about system recovery

    On the seventh day, Salt wrote...

    > Hi,
    >
    > When I try to do a full recovery on a 540N, the system goes through the motions
    > but, performs a non-destructive recovery. No format, system boots us as it was
    > before the process. So problems continue.
    >
    > This is a series that was affected by SP1. Have to run the HP Patch which I
    > suspect affected the Compaq partition.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Why do people always suspect that HP/Compaq is to blame for whatever
    problem they have?

    I suggest you'd repost your question in a Microsoft Windows group.

    If I were you I'd delete the partition and restart installing Windows or
    use the destructive recovery.

    Nostalgia is like a grammar lesson. You find the present tense,
    and the past perfect.

Hewlett Packard Data Recovery System Recovery Computers