ovoco5

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2001
Hello all,
I've just purchased a new graphics card. It comes with a tool called EXPERTool. However when ever I boot up the system it starts up and I got a wee error message, nothing major but it goes "c:\windows\ui\biosctl.exe
c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable for running ms-dos and ms windows applications. Chose close to termminate the appliction"
Any way on the graphics card board I've asked for advise and someone got back to me to try and reinstall xp. No problem I thought what harm can it do.

Well on starting up my pc and pressing F8 and telling it to boot from the windows xp disk, and then it telling me it's downloading set up files, I get the message "THE FILE ACPI.SYS IS CURRUPTED PRESS ANY KEY TO CONTINUE" and just like that my set up fails.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get around this. I know it's not Major now, but in the future when I just want to clean (re)install I might have problems.

My setup is as follows:
WINDOWS XP sp2, Direct X90c, Motherobard is an MSI K7N2 Nforce2 Delta.

Cheers

Greg

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
Did you try resetting your BIOS to default when you were trying to get the new card to work. You still might want to try that. I have no ideal what the errors mean with out searching the net. But, since you had problems with the card I’m guessing that maybe it’s giving you problems now trying to reinstall windows. I’d set the BIOS and see what happens. Then you might want to try using FDISK to get a fresh start, but I’m guessing that won’t work and last take out the new card. Thats what I would do anyways.