Copying Email Files

July 7, 2005 3:08:02 PM

I want to clear out some of my emails but need to keep all the information
contained within my folders. How do I copy all the folders/files onto a cd?

More about : copying email files

July 7, 2005 4:11:14 PM

File > export > messages

"DLee" <DLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to clear out some of my emails but need to keep all the information
> contained within my folders. How do I copy all the folders/files onto a
> cd?
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 4:32:13 PM

I do not have "messages" within File>export>messages. I use incredimail and
the only option I have is File>export>contacts which the converts the files
into an excel contact list!

"Jerry" wrote:

> File > export > messages
>
> "DLee" <DLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I want to clear out some of my emails but need to keep all the information
> > contained within my folders. How do I copy all the folders/files onto a
> > cd?

July 8, 2005 10:35:54 AM

You would be better asking your question where you know others use
Incredimail - an Incredimail group? If you are asking in an XP group,
most would presume you use Outlook Express which comes with the
operating system.
--
Kath Adams
MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)

DLee wrote:
> I do not have "messages" within File>export>messages. I use
> incredimail and the only option I have is File>export>contacts which
> the converts the files into an excel contact list!
>
> "Jerry" wrote:
>
>> File > export > messages
>>
>> "DLee" <DLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> I want to clear out some of my emails but need to keep all the
>>> information contained within my folders. How do I copy all the
>>> folders/files onto a cd?
Anonymous
July 8, 2005 10:36:56 AM

And what program are you assuming he uses for email?
--
Kath Adams
MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)

Jerry wrote:
> File > export > messages
>
> "DLee" <DLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I want to clear out some of my emails but need to keep all the
>> information contained within my folders. How do I copy all the
>> folders/files onto a cd?
July 8, 2005 1:49:25 PM

> File > export > messages

The only email client that I know of that has an explicit "message" export
function (and I've used all the common ones in my time except
incrediblyhorriblemail) is OE and THAT function will only export to Outlook
or Exchange.
!