Copying Email Files

I want to clear out some of my emails but need to keep all the information
contained within my folders. How do I copy all the folders/files onto a cd?
5 answers Last reply
More about copying email files

    File > export > messages

    "DLee" <DLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I want to clear out some of my emails but need to keep all the information
    > contained within my folders. How do I copy all the folders/files onto a
    > cd?

    I do not have "messages" within File>export>messages. I use incredimail and
    the only option I have is File>export>contacts which the converts the files
    into an excel contact list!

    "Jerry" wrote:

    > File > export > messages
    >
    > "DLee" <DLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I want to clear out some of my emails but need to keep all the information
    > > contained within my folders. How do I copy all the folders/files onto a
    > > cd?

    You would be better asking your question where you know others use
    Incredimail - an Incredimail group? If you are asking in an XP group,
    most would presume you use Outlook Express which comes with the
    operating system.
    --
    Kath Adams
    MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)

    DLee wrote:
    > I do not have "messages" within File>export>messages. I use
    > incredimail and the only option I have is File>export>contacts which
    > the converts the files into an excel contact list!
    >
    > "Jerry" wrote:
    >
    >> File > export > messages
    >>
    >> "DLee" <DLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>> I want to clear out some of my emails but need to keep all the
    >>> information contained within my folders. How do I copy all the
    >>> folders/files onto a cd?

    And what program are you assuming he uses for email?
    --
    Kath Adams
    MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)

    > File > export > messages

    The only email client that I know of that has an explicit "message" export
    function (and I've used all the common ones in my time except
    incrediblyhorriblemail) is OE and THAT function will only export to Outlook
    or Exchange.

Microsoft CD-Rom Email Windows XP