Copying onto Rewritable Disks

I have a DVD rewriter and am trying to copy files onto a rewritable disk. I
go through the step by step wizard and then get a message saying "insert disk
into drive" - obviously there's one inserted already.

I have used other disks (non rewritable) and don't have a problem but I want
to move files onto 4.7gb rewritable ones.

Where am I going wrong
3 answers Last reply
More about copying rewritable disks

    That would best be answered by the tech support people of the software
    company that provided the DVD burning software - Windows does not have that
    capability built in.

    "DLee" <DLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a DVD rewriter and am trying to copy files onto a rewritable disk.
    > go through the step by step wizard and then get a message saying "insert
    > disk
    > into drive" - obviously there's one inserted already.
    >
    > I have used other disks (non rewritable) and don't have a problem but I
    > want
    > to move files onto 4.7gb rewritable ones.
    >
    > Where am I going wrong

    XP does not natively support writing to DVD media. To use them as a fully re-writeable disc (can add/delete individual files/folders), you need 3rd party software such as InCD (www.nero.com) or Direct CD (www.roxio.com).

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "DLee" <DLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEE80428-4FC1-4205-A1FA-DB7F33C95387@microsoft.com...
    >I have a DVD rewriter and am trying to copy files onto a rewritable disk. I
    > go through the step by step wizard and then get a message saying "insert disk
    > into drive" - obviously there's one inserted already.
    >
    > I have used other disks (non rewritable) and don't have a problem but I want
    > to move files onto 4.7gb rewritable ones.
    >
    > Where am I going wrong

    Here is a freeware DVD burning software package that works very nicely with
    XP http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

    If you like the drag and drop feature of XP this freeware will integrate
    into the Explorer shell and makes dumping files to a DVD as easy as a right
    click try Easyburning from here http://www.paehl-info.de/cdr/

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "DLee" <DLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a DVD rewriter and am trying to copy files onto a rewritable disk.
    > go through the step by step wizard and then get a message saying "insert
    > disk
    > into drive" - obviously there's one inserted already.
    >
    > I have used other disks (non rewritable) and don't have a problem but I
    > want
    > to move files onto 4.7gb rewritable ones.
    >
    > Where am I going wrong

DVD Microsoft Windows XP