Copying onto Rewritable Disks

I have a DVD rewriter and am trying to copy files onto a rewritable disk. I
go through the step by step wizard and then get a message saying "insert disk
into drive" - obviously there's one inserted already.

I have used other disks (non rewritable) and don't have a problem but I want
to move files onto 4.7gb rewritable ones.

Where am I going wrong

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

That would best be answered by the tech support people of the software
company that provided the DVD burning software - Windows does not have that
capability built in.

"DLee" <DLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a DVD rewriter and am trying to copy files onto a rewritable disk.
> go through the step by step wizard and then get a message saying "insert
> disk
> into drive" - obviously there's one inserted already.
>
> I have used other disks (non rewritable) and don't have a problem but I
> want
> to move files onto 4.7gb rewritable ones.
>
> Where am I going wrong

XP does not natively support writing to DVD media. To use them as a fully re-writeable disc (can add/delete individual files/folders), you need 3rd party software such as InCD (www.nero.com) or Direct CD (www.roxio.com).

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"DLee" <DLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEE80428-4FC1-4205-A1FA-DB7F33C95387@microsoft.com...
>I have a DVD rewriter and am trying to copy files onto a rewritable disk. I
> go through the step by step wizard and then get a message saying "insert disk
> into drive" - obviously there's one inserted already.
>
> I have used other disks (non rewritable) and don't have a problem but I want
> to move files onto 4.7gb rewritable ones.
>
> Where am I going wrong

Here is a freeware DVD burning software package that works very nicely with
XP http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

If you like the drag and drop feature of XP this freeware will integrate
into the Explorer shell and makes dumping files to a DVD as easy as a right
click try Easyburning from here http://www.paehl-info.de/cdr/

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp