How do i make myself the administrator?

starcraft123

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2005

I am the only user of this computer, and yet my account is configured as a
guest and not the administrator. I cannot figure out how to change this.
Please help

starcraft123 wrote:
> I am the only user of this computer, and yet my account is configured
> as a guest and not the administrator. I cannot figure out how to
> change this. Please help

Which XP OS?
Home or Pro?

Can you logon as "administrator"? (likely no password)
(If Home - boot to Safe Mode.. If Pro, Press CTRL+ALT+DEL twice at the
welcome screen.)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Hi

Are you logged as a Guest or is your Account configured as a Guest? I don't
know that their is a way to convert your Account from one with Guest
privileges to one with Aministraotr privileges

Reboot and at the Welcome screen press Ctrl-Alt-Del twice and access Windows
as the Administrator. Then create a new Account for yourself with
Administrator privileges.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User