On my Win 2k machine, I press Start| Settings|Taskbar& Start Menu, and
select which programs are to be run when booting.

How do I do this with XP?

Thanks.

Go to Start, Run, type in MSCONFIG, go to Start Up and then add/remove
checks.

"Sanford Aranoff" <aranoff@analysis-knowledge.com> wrote in message
> On my Win 2k machine, I press Start| Settings|Taskbar& Start Menu, and
> select which programs are to be run when booting.
>
> How do I do this with XP?
>
> Thanks.

Thanks!

Stephen Larivee wrote:

> Go to Start, Run, type in MSCONFIG, go to Start Up and then add/remove
> checks.
>
> "Sanford Aranoff" <aranoff@analysis-knowledge.com> wrote in message
> > On my Win 2k machine, I press Start| Settings|Taskbar& Start Menu, and
> > select which programs are to be run when booting.
> >
> > How do I do this with XP?
> >
> > Thanks.

Thanks. I did this, and got a message about System Configuration Utility. I
guess I check the box "Don't show this message..." Is this correct?

yes