desktop

On Win 2k, there is a icon "Show Desktop". How can I get the same icon
on my taskbar on my XP system?

Thanks.

In news:42CEFD7F.1985F256@analysis-knowledge.com,
Sanford Aranoff <aranoff@analysis-knowledge.com> typed:

> On Win 2k, there is a icon "Show Desktop". How can I get the
> same icon
> on my taskbar on my XP system?

You can't get it on the Task Bar, neither in Windows 2000 nor in
Windows XP. You *can* get it on the Quick Launch bar, which by
default (but not necessarily) sits on the Task Bar.

First make sure the Quick launch Bar is showing. If it's not,
right-click a blank part of the Task Bar, choose Toolbars, then
Quick Launch.

Then create a text file in Notepad as follows:
[Shell]

Command=2

IconFile=explorer.exe,3

[Taskbar]

Command=ToggleDesktop

Save it as Show Desktop.scf then drag it to the Quick launch bar.

Or just click on this link:

Restore/Add Show Desktop to Quick Launch (Line 61)

Also note that you can do this with a keyboard shortcut: the
combination of the Windows key + D or the Windows key + M.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Hi

Plesase see the following link to Kelly's web site:

Line 61 - right hand side

Alternatively you can use WinKey + d

--

Will Denny