What upcoming game should I buy? (PC of course)

Choose the best 3!

• Borderlands

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Bioshock 2

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Assasin's Creed 2

• Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Rage

• *sigh*.... Starcraft 2

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Diablo 3

• Batman: Arkham Asylum

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Crysis Warhead

• Left 4 Dead 2

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

ominous prime

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
If only Diablo 3 were out. Don't really like Blizzard pushing back dates, I know polish polish polish. But I can't help but feel that Diablo is taking the backseat to WoW.

Flying Sq

Distinguished
May 10, 2009
Warhead is fun, but really only good if you have the specs to crank it. I'd get Dragon Age: Origins, not really much PC side i'm looking forward to. But audiosurf is always a good choice if you don't have it.

Darksol2k4

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009

Well, Blizzard is obviously going to put their massive moneymaker before their next moneymakers(Starcraft and Diablo). At least they are still sticking with the release of those two games. Even though it's taking FOREVER! The only reason I respect Blizzard is because they are one of the few big video game developers who are still dedicated to the PC. Hopefully, that won't change and they will continue making good games.

ominous prime

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
Well I'm still a big fan of Bioware and Bethesda for PC gaming. I'm pretty excited for Dragon Age Origins. Used to be a fan of Infinity Ward until they spat in our faces with no dedicated server/no mods.

Darksol2k4

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009

Yes, Valve is awesome. I love Steam. It makes life much easier. They have done everyone a great justice with the creation of the Half Life Series and CounterStrike.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
all of them.

i plan on buying (or have already bought) every game you have listed. good choices, but one is not enough.

though if you are truly limited i would say MW2 or bioshock 2. MW2 because the first was awesome and this si bound to be awesome, as well as haveing an unlimeted ammount of replay value thru the awesome online mode. Bioshock, because the first was amazing, my favourite of this generation.

ominous prime

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009

Steam really does lol, but I still prefer my games in hard copies. But if it's late at night and the store's closed I'll buy it off steam. Wish they'd mail me a hard copy too though, that would be awesome. I miss the manuals and maps and things you get with hard copies of a game.

purplerat

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006

If you want hard copies of your Steam games just run a backup after you've downloaded them. It's a very useful tool especially if you have to later do a system restore or rebuild you system.

ominous prime

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
Run a backup? I can do that? I just built my new comp and re-downloaded them all, it took AGES! [:thegreatgrapeape:5] Could you elaborate as to how? I'm feeling lazy at the moment, so if you're bored an explanation would be grand. [:mousemonkey:1]

purplerat

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006

Ya, I was unaware/too lazy to ever bother with it for a while but when I wanted to install the same game on 3 PCs (all using the same Steam account) I figured it was time to look into it. I don't have the details in front of me right now (I'm at work) but if you Google "Steam backup" the details are pretty easy to follow.