Sign in with
Your question

Borderlands

Last response: in Video Games
October 27, 2009 12:13:56 AM

What do you guys think of it so far? I'm not really impressed by their art direction, but that's my opinion. Also, I get some really horrendous hit registration like I'm 10 feet from the target, aimed at his head with the sniper rifle and I can't hit him. Anyone else experiencing something similar?

More about : borderlands

October 27, 2009 1:08:58 AM

Kick ass!!!!!
m
l
October 27, 2009 3:33:26 AM

You're not having problems hitting your targets, MGDJoker? Perhaps until I gain levels I can't hit things? Seems kind of silly since it's FPS/RPG.
m
l
Related resources
October 27, 2009 1:57:06 PM

I think its great so far. I am enjoying the art and graphic design. It's a nice change. There are +accuracy stats and weapon proficiency (the more you use a weapon, the higher your proficiency stat gets for that particular weapon) for each type of weapon. I've noticed my sniper rifle accuracy getting a lot better as I level and find better Sniper Rifles with more +Accuracy stats on them. There are also bonuses to accuracy for different weapons (Depending on your character) in your Talent Trees. I've really focused on increasing my sniper rifle accuracy and damage across the board.... so if I equip something else like an SMG... I cannot hit the broadside of a barn lol.
m
l
October 27, 2009 3:12:07 PM

lol looks like I'll have to level then. Will have to adjust to the art direction, I'm more into photo realism, so it's not really my thing. But I like the general idea of a FPS/RPG, although I hate all the running around handing in quests lol. Probably will be better once I find a vehicle.
m
l
October 30, 2009 6:45:24 PM

So far, this game has been somewhat disappointing for me. It is so buggy, in the first area I had claptrap glitch out and I had to restart, it wouldn't let me continue. The online play looting is terrible, because it doesn't split loot, it's first come first serve.

Plus, online play seemed to automatically give me all quests the host has, so when I joined a game that said "Level 1" and the guy was level 16, I ended up with like 50 quests, which transfered back to my single player mode.

I've heard of tons of other glitches (characters being in 2 places at the same time, people losing all their assigned skills and extra skillpoints, etc).
m
l
October 30, 2009 7:00:58 PM

I saw on a review that the graphics lag for a few seconds even though you have a good card.
m
l
October 31, 2009 3:10:52 AM

gman24 said:
I saw on a review that the graphics lag for a few seconds even though you have a good card.

Not for me.

I like this game.
m
l
October 31, 2009 4:27:42 AM

I've yet to experience any lag with all the settings cranked up at 1920x1200, and haven't experienced any glitches yet (knock on wood) although I haven't gone very far. I get bored of the RPG element, talk to guy, find crap, bring back to guy. But that's just me. Others will find that enjoyable. Nonetheless I'm still trying to adjust.
m
l
!