Smiley

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2004

Greetings. I am not a fan of Windows/XP. The thing that is most annoying
is that from page to page the font sizes are all different. I go to Size on
the tool bar and change that. Sometimes it makes a difference. Sometimes
not. I go to Tools/Internet Options/Accessories from the Menu Bar and check
or uncheck "ignore font sizes" and save. Sometimes that helps. Sometimes
not. It is SOOOO annoying! I don't use my new, fancy, higher speed PC as
much as my older, not so fancy, not as high speed but Win/98 PC because of
this. There are other things too but one step at a time.

I did a search for an online XP manual and came up with The Bug Doctor. Has
anyone tried it? Did it make a difference?

Or maybe someone knows where that online XP manual is. I'd gladly look at
that and try to figure out some settings that wouldn't require continual
adjustments.

I had expected to love my new PC. Instead I don't. And it isn't exactly
new. It's more than a year old. I had stopped doing some stuff because the
store that sold me the PC said I shouldn't do some stuff. I can't remember
what right now. But the point was that it might cause problems. Well. It
was stuff I liked to do and I wasn't able to do it anymore. What's with
that?! So I just started doing all the stuff I still wanted to do and
figured if necessary the PC would just have to go back to the shop from time
to time for a "tune up." Now the PC is a chore when it used to be fun!

Kathy
aka smiley

In God We Trust

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 07:35:35 -0500, "Smiley" <smiley@cheerful.com> wrote:

>Greetings. I am not a fan of Windows/XP. The thing that is most annoying
>is that from page to page the font sizes are all different. I go to Size on
>the tool bar and change that. Sometimes it makes a difference. Sometimes
>not. I go to Tools/Internet Options/Accessories from the Menu Bar and check
>or uncheck "ignore font sizes" and save. Sometimes that helps. Sometimes
>not. It is SOOOO annoying! I don't use my new, fancy, higher speed PC as
>much as my older, not so fancy, not as high speed but Win/98 PC because of
>this. There are other things too but one step at a time.
Why don't you just create your own css style, and let XP use that for pages ?
If you're having troubles with different sized type, hover the smaller type you
suspect is wrong next time and see it isn't an image vs plain text. XP can't
modify text inside images.
I do the same thing to ignore settings. totally annoying page x in Chinese,
page xx in 64 pt. page xxx in 2.2 pt. Black lettering on a navy blue background
or black. What are these designers thinking ?
Ignore works. If yours doesn't there's something else at work.

>I did a search for an online XP manual and came up with The Bug Doctor. Has
>anyone tried it? Did it make a difference?
>
>Or maybe someone knows where that online XP manual is. I'd gladly look at
>that and try to figure out some settings that wouldn't require continual
>adjustments.
>
>I had expected to love my new PC. Instead I don't. And it isn't exactly
>new. It's more than a year old. I had stopped doing some stuff because the
>store that sold me the PC said I shouldn't do some stuff. I can't remember
>what right now. But the point was that it might cause problems. Well. It
>was stuff I liked to do and I wasn't able to do it anymore. What's with
>that?! So I just started doing all the stuff I still wanted to do and
>figured if necessary the PC would just have to go back to the shop from time
>to time for a "tune up." Now the PC is a chore when it used to be fun!
>
>Kathy
>aka smiley
>
>In God We Trust

Where the online XP manual is...
Start button | Help and Support

Where the online XP manual is...
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/pria_apd_afil.asp

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:daoh06$255$1@news.iquest.net,
Smiley <smiley@cheerful.com> hunted and pecked:
> Greetings. I am not a fan of Windows/XP. The thing that is most annoying
> is that from page to page the font sizes are all different. I go to Size
> on the tool bar and change that. Sometimes it makes a difference.
> Sometimes not. I go to Tools/Internet Options/Accessories from the Menu
> Bar and check or uncheck "ignore font sizes" and save. Sometimes that
> helps. Sometimes not. It is SOOOO annoying! I don't use my new, fancy,
> higher speed PC as much as my older, not so fancy, not as high speed but
> Win/98 PC because of this. There are other things too but one step at a
> time.
>
> I did a search for an online XP manual and came up with The Bug Doctor.
> Has anyone tried it? Did it make a difference?
>
> Or maybe someone knows where that online XP manual is. I'd gladly look at
> that and try to figure out some settings that wouldn't require continual
> adjustments.
>
> I had expected to love my new PC. Instead I don't. And it isn't exactly
> new. It's more than a year old. I had stopped doing some stuff because
> the store that sold me the PC said I shouldn't do some stuff. I can't
> remember what right now. But the point was that it might cause problems.
> Well. It was stuff I liked to do and I wasn't able to do it anymore.
> What's with that?! So I just started doing all the stuff I still wanted
> to do and figured if necessary the PC would just have to go back to the
> shop from time to time for a "tune up." Now the PC is a chore when it
> used to be fun!
>
> Kathy
> aka smiley
>
> In God We Trust

Smiley

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2004

Huskey,

Thank you, I'll try the style sheet.

Wes,

Thank you for pointing me to the online Manuals.

I found some .css files on my PC and will try one, some, and see how it
changes the display. And will use the online manuals to see if there is
some documentation on how to add my own code.

I really appreciate your responses! :)

--
Kathy
aka smiley