Most used mouse by pc champion players?

Solution
I currently play leagues for CS:S (in the newegg tourny currently) and I run the Logitech G9, few of my teammates use the same mouse, one runs an MX518.

I went to college with a pro gamer who loves Razer--it's all about preference really. Using the same equipment as a pro wont make you player better, but using something that you are comfortable with *can* make you play better.

MGDJoker

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
not really sure but, I used to play in leagues and tournaments for Counter-Strike Source and 1.6. Won some money but nothing crazy just acouple hundred bucks per tourny. I use a Logitech G5 mouse. Had it for about 4 years. love the thing. also all my friends that i play with either use that mouse or a variant of the MX series.

Also I rock a Logitech g15 Keyboard . i have the blue and the orange one. headset either Planetronics DSP series or right now i use a Razor headset.

dirtdiver

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I currently play leagues for CS:S (in the newegg tourny currently) and I run the Logitech G9, few of my teammates use the same mouse, one runs an MX518.

I went to college with a pro gamer who loves Razer--it's all about preference really. Using the same equipment as a pro wont make you player better, but using something that you are comfortable with *can* make you play better.

Solution

dirtdiver

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
You could also look on www.esportsea.com where it allows players to list the equipment they use in their profiles, ESEA-Invite league is not professional technically--but a lot of professional level players are in that league. IMO, if you play ESEA-I you can be considered professional.

dirtdiver

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
G5 is extremely popular, I just prefer the feel of a G9 personally.

As I said, it is really about personal preference. I like the 3200dpi with on-the-fly dpi adjustment, as well as the grip/feel of the G9--so I stick with it--also it's roughly $45 bucks on bestbuy.com which is a huge bonus since gaming gear is so expensive these days.

cappster

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
I have an mx518 and it works well for me. I don't play in tourneys, but have been known to do some pwnage in regular online gaming. It seems to me you cannot go wrong with any gaming grade logitech mouse.

abosco56

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
Thanks to all answers. It helped a lot. As I am short of money I bought here in Brasil. A4tech Oscar X7 XL-750BK. I am happy . When I have a better budget, I will try a G9 mouse. Thanks again to all of you. :)

El_Capitan

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
If you're good, you don't need a mouse to make you better. Your hand/eye coordination will know exactly how much you need to make an adjustment. Still, I've always used Logitech mice. From a standard Logitech mouse, to a Dual Optical mouse, to a Logitech Gaming Mouse... there's a slight difference in performance, but mostly it's what's comfortable to your movements that make you play better, not the performance tuning in the mouse itself.

I would have to disagree to an extent, as a regular 10 dolar cheapo mouse will not give you the accuracy, number of buttons and adjustment functions that a gaming mouse will provide. Since I began using a gaming mouse I have not looked back. It's a must for the hard-core gamer.

El_Capitan

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009

Not true. I've played with a $5 mouse on my gaming laptop when I couldn't find my gaming mouse, and while there were less functions and less accuracy, it didn't affect my ability to pwn.

cappster

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007

Depends on the game. I know when I play BF2, the higher sensitivity settings, especially when flying, help tremendously in the pwnage. Not to mention the on the fly setting changes to fit the situation.

TRENDING THREADS