Help on loosing connection after standby

a b F Wireless
July 9, 2005 12:19:54 PM

On my ThinkPad running xp sp2, I loose my wireless connection when I set
my laptop in standby mode. I've tried the Repair button in the Wireless
Network Connection window but it can't give a valid IP address. This is
the same with the LAN connection.

Any ideas on what setting(s) I'm missing? I have a D-Link wireless
router. The signal strength is good.

Thanks -
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 11, 2005 11:45:00 AM

Are your cables loose? What is a loose wireless connection?

Maybe you mean that you lose your connection, not loose your connection?

Harlen wrote:

> On my ThinkPad running xp sp2, I loose my wireless connection when I set
> my laptop in standby mode. I've tried the Repair button in the Wireless
> Network Connection window but it can't give a valid IP address. This is
> the same with the LAN connection.
>
> Any ideas on what setting(s) I'm missing? I have a D-Link wireless
> router. The signal strength is good.
>
> Thanks -
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 12, 2005 8:37:53 PM

Harlen wrote:
> On my ThinkPad running xp sp2, I loose my wireless connection when I
> set my laptop in standby mode. I've tried the Repair button in the
> Wireless Network Connection window but it can't give a valid IP
> address. This is the same with the LAN connection.
>
> Any ideas on what setting(s) I'm missing? I have a D-Link wireless
> router. The signal strength is good.
>
> Thanks -

See if your wireless card has a setting for power management and turn it
off: Device Manager, select the wireless NIC, properties, advanced,
disable power save mode, etc. When coming out of standby, the wireless
card should automatically reconnect itself.