Default email program and Newsgroup Forwarding

I use Outlook Express but because I have Office 2003 on my XP, I also have
Outlook.
Often when perusing something interesting on a NG such as this one, I will
highlight the msg and forward it to myself. Used to be when I did that, my
Outlook Express email program came up and I used it. Now, for some
inexplicable reason, Outlook is coming up and I don't want that!

Don't know what setting I may have changed, haven't been in Outlook for
ages.

How do I get back to what I want, i.e. forwarding a msg from a newsgroup and
having my Outlook express email come up and do the job?

Thanks in advance.

Chet

Outlook Express | Tools | Options | General tab |
In the Default Messaging Programs area, click Make Default for news or
e-mail.

Making Outlook Express the default e-mail client

In IE, if Outlook Express isn't currently configured to be your
default e-mail program when you click on an e-mail address link etc.
Open OE, go to the Tools menu and select Options | General tab. At
the bottom of the dialog box, press the Make Default button and press
OK.

Start | Run | Type: inetcpl.cpl | OK |
Programs tab | Click the V next to E-mail: |
Select Outlook Express | Apply | OK

Outlook Express missing from the Internet Options mail clients list
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/oemissing.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:OVqQLQKhFHA.2916@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
CGB <nospam@nospam.net> hunted and pecked:
> I use Outlook Express but because I have Office 2003 on my XP, I also have
> Outlook.
> Often when perusing something interesting on a NG such as this one, I will
> highlight the msg and forward it to myself. Used to be when I did that,
> my Outlook Express email program came up and I used it. Now, for some
> inexplicable reason, Outlook is coming up and I don't want that!
>
> Don't know what setting I may have changed, haven't been in Outlook for
> ages.
>
> How do I get back to what I want, i.e. forwarding a msg from a newsgroup
> and having my Outlook express email come up and do the job?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Chet

Wesley,
Thank you. That did it. I don't know how I got it changed.

Chet

> Outlook Express | Tools | Options | General tab |
> In the Default Messaging Programs area, click Make Default for news or
> e-mail.
>
> Making Outlook Express the default e-mail client
>
> In IE, if Outlook Express isn't currently configured to be your
> default e-mail program when you click on an e-mail address link etc.
> Open OE, go to the Tools menu and select Options | General tab. At
> the bottom of the dialog box, press the Make Default button and press
> OK.
>
> Start | Run | Type: inetcpl.cpl | OK |
> Programs tab | Click the V next to E-mail: |
> Select Outlook Express | Apply | OK
>
> Outlook Express missing from the Internet Options mail clients list
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/oemissing.htm
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:OVqQLQKhFHA.2916@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
> CGB <nospam@nospam.net> hunted and pecked:
> > I use Outlook Express but because I have Office 2003 on my XP, I also
have
> > Outlook.
> > Often when perusing something interesting on a NG such as this one, I
will
> > highlight the msg and forward it to myself. Used to be when I did that,
> > my Outlook Express email program came up and I used it. Now, for some
> > inexplicable reason, Outlook is coming up and I don't want that!
> >
> > Don't know what setting I may have changed, haven't been in Outlook for
> > ages.
> >
> > How do I get back to what I want, i.e. forwarding a msg from a newsgroup
> > and having my Outlook express email come up and do the job?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Chet

Chet,

Outlook probably did it, maybe with an Office update.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User