Can't skip logon screen.

I'm trying to skip the logon screen. I'm using the "control userpasswords2"
method. If I make use of a password I get the error message:

"The system could not log you on. Make sure your user name and domain
are correct ....".

If I don't use a password I get the error message:

"Unable to log you on because of an account restriction."

What's going on? What am I doing wrong? I don't want to use a password.

Don J

More about skip logon screen

    How To Enable Automatic Logon in Windows
    (310584) - This article describes how to configure Windows to automate the
    logon process by storing your password and other pertinent information in
    the registry database. This feature allows other users to start your
    computer and use the account you establish to automatically logon.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310584

    ----------------------
    "Don J" <dej4400@comcast.net> escribió en el mensaje
    > I'm trying to skip the logon screen. I'm using the "control
    userpasswords2"
    > method. If I make use of a password I get the error message:
    >
    > "The system could not log you on. Make sure your user name and
    domain
    > are correct ....".
    >
    > If I don't use a password I get the error message:
    >
    > "Unable to log you on because of an account restriction."
    >
    > What's going on? What am I doing wrong? I don't want to use a password.
    >
    > Don J

    --------------

    When you did the procedure:

    Start, Run and enter CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2

    1) Highlight the username you want automatically logged on.
    2) Uncheck Users must enter a username..........
    3) Click Apply
    4) In the next dialog enter the password, if any, for the user you selected in Step 1.
    5) Ok your way out.

    By default, on most systems, the Administrator account will be highlighted when USERPASSWORDS2 first opens.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Don J" <dej4400@comcast.net> wrote in message news:KLSdneWXQNacFU3fRVn-tA@comcast.com...
    > I'm trying to skip the logon screen. I'm using the "control userpasswords2"
    > method. If I make use of a password I get the error message:
    >
    > "The system could not log you on. Make sure your user name and domain
    > are correct ....".
    >
    > If I don't use a password I get the error message:
    >
    > "Unable to log you on because of an account restriction."
    >
    > What's going on? What am I doing wrong? I don't want to use a password.
    >
    > Don J

Microsoft Error Message Windows XP