Can't skip logon screen.

I'm trying to skip the logon screen. I'm using the "control userpasswords2"
method. If I make use of a password I get the error message:

"The system could not log you on. Make sure your user name and domain
are correct ....".

If I don't use a password I get the error message:

"Unable to log you on because of an account restriction."

What's going on? What am I doing wrong? I don't want to use a password.

Don J

Juan

Distinguished
May 5, 2003

How To Enable Automatic Logon in Windows
(310584) - This article describes how to configure Windows to automate the
logon process by storing your password and other pertinent information in
the registry database. This feature allows other users to start your
computer and use the account you establish to automatically logon.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310584

----------------------
"Don J" <dej4400@comcast.net> escribió en el mensaje
> I'm trying to skip the logon screen. I'm using the "control
userpasswords2"
> method. If I make use of a password I get the error message:
>
> "The system could not log you on. Make sure your user name and
domain
> are correct ....".
>
> If I don't use a password I get the error message:
>
> "Unable to log you on because of an account restriction."
>
> What's going on? What am I doing wrong? I don't want to use a password.
>
> Don J

--------------

When you did the procedure:

Start, Run and enter CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2

1) Highlight the username you want automatically logged on.
2) Uncheck Users must enter a username..........
3) Click Apply
4) In the next dialog enter the password, if any, for the user you selected in Step 1.
5) Ok your way out.

By default, on most systems, the Administrator account will be highlighted when USERPASSWORDS2 first opens.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.