XP Pro Keeps Resetting

Help,
My install of XP Pro now resets itself 5 or 6 times a day without warning.
It can happen anytime, and it's as if I've pressed the reset button on the
case but obviously I'm not. I've got Sophos AV software, Zone Alarm Pro and
Spybot installed and these can't find any virus's or spyware or malware. It's
driving me mad because before this it was a very stable installlation. Any
help would be great
2 answers Last reply
More about resetting

    In news:FA85531C-5E4D-4B64-A399-A80B162FDDFE@microsoft.com,
    David Bradley <David Bradley@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    > My install of XP Pro now resets itself 5 or 6 times a day
    > without
    > warning. It can happen anytime, and it's as if I've pressed the
    > reset
    > button on the case but obviously I'm not. I've got Sophos AV
    > software, Zone Alarm Pro and Spybot installed and these can't
    > find
    > any virus's or spyware or malware. It's driving me mad because
    > before
    > this it was a very stable installlation. Any help would be
    > great

    You are presumably blue-screening, and you are set to reboot
    whenever that happens. Right-click My Computer, and choose
    Properties. On the Advanced tab, click Settings under Startup and
    Recovery. Under System failure, uncheck the box "Automatically
    restart."

    Now when the problem occurs again, instead of restarting, you
    will get the blue screen with diagnostic information. Post back
    with those details for more help.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    Thanks for your help
    I recovered some information from the blue screen of death. I've looked at a
    few of the stop errors and they seem to change every time it crashes. Is this
    normal. I also create a minidump.dmp file but can decode it. The stop error
    from last time it crashed was:-

    (0xC0000005, 0XE281D9C8, OXF3FBB504, 0X 00000000)

    Any more help would be great.
    "David Bradley" wrote:

    > Help,
    > My install of XP Pro now resets itself 5 or 6 times a day without warning.
    > It can happen anytime, and it's as if I've pressed the reset button on the
    > case but obviously I'm not. I've got Sophos AV software, Zone Alarm Pro and
    > Spybot installed and these can't find any virus's or spyware or malware. It's
    > driving me mad because before this it was a very stable installlation. Any
    > help would be great

Windows XP