Help,
My install of XP Pro now resets itself 5 or 6 times a day without warning.
It can happen anytime, and it's as if I've pressed the reset button on the
case but obviously I'm not. I've got Sophos AV software, Zone Alarm Pro and
Spybot installed and these can't find any virus's or spyware or malware. It's
driving me mad because before this it was a very stable installlation. Any
help would be great

In news:FA85531C-5E4D-4B64-A399-A80B162FDDFE@microsoft.com,
David Bradley <David Bradley@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> My install of XP Pro now resets itself 5 or 6 times a day
> without
> warning. It can happen anytime, and it's as if I've pressed the
> reset
> button on the case but obviously I'm not. I've got Sophos AV
> software, Zone Alarm Pro and Spybot installed and these can't
> find
> any virus's or spyware or malware. It's driving me mad because
> before
> this it was a very stable installlation. Any help would be
> great

You are presumably blue-screening, and you are set to reboot
whenever that happens. Right-click My Computer, and choose
Properties. On the Advanced tab, click Settings under Startup and
Recovery. Under System failure, uncheck the box "Automatically
restart."

Now when the problem occurs again, instead of restarting, you
will get the blue screen with diagnostic information. Post back
with those details for more help.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Thanks for your help
I recovered some information from the blue screen of death. I've looked at a
few of the stop errors and they seem to change every time it crashes. Is this
normal. I also create a minidump.dmp file but can decode it. The stop error
from last time it crashed was:-

(0xC0000005, 0XE281D9C8, OXF3FBB504, 0X 00000000)

Any more help would be great.