Need help to copy a shortcut

How do you use "COPY" or "XCOPY" to copy a shortcut?

Don J

More about need copy shortcut

    On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 22:52:46 -0400, "Don J" <dej4400@comcast.net> wrote:

    >How do you use "COPY" or "XCOPY" to copy a shortcut?
    >
    > Don J

    Right click on shortcut, then select either COPY or CUT. You can then
    PASTE it where you like.
    MH

    I need to do it from a batch file.

    Don J

    In news:a7WdnR0LcNxUBU_fRVn-gg@comcast.com,
    Don J <dej4400@comcast.net> typed:

    > I need to do it from a batch file.

    copy \path\file-name-of-the-shortcut \folder--where-you-want-it

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    "" wrote:
    > How do you use "COPY" or "XCOPY" to copy a shortcut?
    >
    > Don J

    copy *shortcut name*, i bet the dificulties you are having are "file
    not found", this is becasue like all files shortcuts have
    exstensions, which explorer is told to hide at all times, so what you
    need to do when using the copy command to copy a short cut is make
    sure you put .lnk on the end.

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/New-Users-help-copy-shortcut-ftopict555452.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1765448

    "" wrote:
    > On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 22:52:46 -0400, "Don J"
    > <dej4400@comcast.net> wrote:
    >
    > >How do you use "COPY" or "XCOPY" to copy a shortcut?
    > >
    > > Don J
    > >
    > Right click on shortcut, then select either COPY or CUT. You
    > can then
    > PASTE it where you like.
    > MH

    he asked how to do it in command prompt!

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/New-Users-help-copy-shortcut-ftopict555452.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1765521

    right click on shortcut, then select either "copy shortcut". You can
    then
    paste it where you like.

    mohammad

    --
    alderessy

    On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 12:05:11 -0400, "Don J" <dej4400@comcast.net> wrote:

    >I need to do it from a batch file.
    >
    > Don J

    ???
    MH

    What do you mean "???". I don't know how to make it any planer!

    Don J wrote:

    > What do you mean "???". I don't know how to make it any planer!
    >
    > Don J

    > "Mike Hyndman" <mike@tmphyndman.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 12:05:11 -0400, "Don J" <dej4400@comcast.net>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I need to do it from a batch file.
    >>>
    >>> Don J
    >>>
    >>>----------------------------------------
    >>>
    >> ???
    >> MH

    Tell us what you are trying to do and why - what is your end goal.
    Copying shortcuts via a batch file isn't a normal activity, so you need
    to tell us what you are really trying to do and why you want to do it
    in a batch file. You may think you are making "it plain" but you are
    not. Remember, you have to communicate what you have in your mind. Here
    are links to help you make a good newsgroup post:

    http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers