A few questions about Windows Explorer in XP:

File Types | Advance. This button is not visible. It is visible in my
Win 2k system.

How do I make changes? E.g. I want to replace Notepad. With 2k, the
Action on Open is
I:\Programs\Hurricane\Hedit32.exe "%1"

Since I cannot do this, Hedit32 cannot open files that contain spaces.

Another question. I like the Explorer fonts on my 2k system. I do not
know how to change them on my XP system. There are many options for
changing fonts, but none in Windows Explorer.

Thanks.

Hi,

What are you selecting? If you haven't clicked on .txt, then the advanced
button will remain grayed out.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Sanford Aranoff" <aranoff@analysis-knowledge.com> wrote in message
>A few questions about Windows Explorer in XP:
>
> File Types | Advance. This button is not visible. It is visible in my
> Win 2k system.
>
> How do I make changes? E.g. I want to replace Notepad. With 2k, the
> Action on Open is
> I:\Programs\Hurricane\Hedit32.exe "%1"
>
> Since I cannot do this, Hedit32 cannot open files that contain spaces.
>
> Another question. I like the Explorer fonts on my 2k system. I do not
> know how to change them on my XP system. There are many options for
> changing fonts, but none in Windows Explorer.
>
> Thanks.

No. Click on txt. There is no advanced button. It is not grayed. It is simply
not visible.

Rick \"Nutcase\" Rogers wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What are you selecting? If you haven't clicked on .txt, then the advanced
> button will remain grayed out.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Sanford Aranoff" <aranoff@analysis-knowledge.com> wrote in message
> >A few questions about Windows Explorer in XP:
> >
> > File Types | Advance. This button is not visible. It is visible in my
> > Win 2k system.
> >
> > How do I make changes? E.g. I want to replace Notepad. With 2k, the
> > Action on Open is
> > I:\Programs\Hurricane\Hedit32.exe "%1"
> >
> > Since I cannot do this, Hedit32 cannot open files that contain spaces.
> >
> > Another question. I like the Explorer fonts on my 2k system. I do not
> > know how to change them on my XP system. There are many options for
> > changing fonts, but none in Windows Explorer.
> >
> > Thanks.

You are administrator on this system?

--

> No. Click on txt. There is no advanced button. It is not grayed. It is
> simply
> not visible.
>
> Rick \"Nutcase\" Rogers wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> What are you selecting? If you haven't clicked on .txt, then the advanced
>> button will remain grayed out.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Sanford Aranoff" <aranoff@analysis-knowledge.com> wrote in message
>> >A few questions about Windows Explorer in XP:
>> >
>> > File Types | Advance. This button is not visible. It is visible in my
>> > Win 2k system.
>> >
>> > How do I make changes? E.g. I want to replace Notepad. With 2k, the
>> > Action on Open is
>> > I:\Programs\Hurricane\Hedit32.exe "%1"
>> >
>> > Since I cannot do this, Hedit32 cannot open files that contain spaces.
>> >
>> > Another question. I like the Explorer fonts on my 2k system. I do not
>> > know how to change them on my XP system. There are many options for
>> > changing fonts, but none in Windows Explorer.
>> >
>> > Thanks.

I am System Administrator.
XP Pro