I deleted an account then I couldn't find files in "my documents" and desktop.
Could I recovery the account or recovery these files? (I couldn't find by
searching harddisk)

Hom <Hom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I deleted an account then I couldn't find files in "my documents" and desktop.
>Could I recovery the account or recovery these files? (I couldn't find by
>searching harddisk)

See "User Data Is Missing After You Delete a User Account"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=313877).

--
(tm)
ICQ: 192649233

Hi - the MS advice just tells you to back up before you delete.

My problem is that my 8 year old daughter just deleted the user account AND
all its files - mine.

How can I get them back?

Any ideas?

All help and advice gratefully received!

Geo_

"Thorsten Matzner" wrote:

> Hom <Hom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I deleted an account then I couldn't find files in "my documents" and desktop.
> >Could I recovery the account or recovery these files? (I couldn't find by
> >searching harddisk)
>
> See "User Data Is Missing After You Delete a User Account"
> (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=313877).
>
> --
> (tm)
> ICQ: 192649233

You might have success with an application like this one
http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/RESTORATION.html or this one
http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/download.htm

Try to limit the use of the system so that the deleted files do not get
overwritten. You also need to recover your files to an alternative
destination like a second hard drive or CD-R/W formatted with packet writing
software. Trying to recover back to the same partition as the files were
deleted from will likely cause corruption of the files.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp