need to move system tray

HELP - my mom is in need of some help - somehow her system tray with the
start button as moved and is now vertical on the left hand side of her
computer screen, instead of horizontal at the bottom of the screen. How do
we move back so it's horizontal again.

I appreciate the help on this.

In news:6920CBE0-B26D-4652-98F5-170757BBFB33@microsoft.com,
Vic21 <Vic21@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> HELP - my mom is in need of some help - somehow her system tray
> with
> the start button as moved and is now vertical on the left hand
> side
> of her computer screen, instead of horizontal at the bottom of
> the
> screen. How do we move back so it's horizontal again.

Although by default the task bar appears on the bottom of the
screen, it can be on any of the sides you prefer it on. To move
it from any side to another, simply click on an unused part of it
and drag it where you want it. Be sure to click *within* it, not
on the edge; clicking on the edge and dragging will resize it

If it won't move, it may be locked. In that case, right click on
it and uncheck "Lock the taskbar," then try again.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Left click with the mouse just outside the Start button and hold it. Drag the mouse down toward the bottom of the screen. The taskbar will eventually snap back into place.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Vic21" <Vic21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6920CBE0-B26D-4652-98F5-170757BBFB33@microsoft.com...
> HELP - my mom is in need of some help - somehow her system tray with the
> start button as moved and is now vertical on the left hand side of her
> computer screen, instead of horizontal at the bottom of the screen. How do
> we move back so it's horizontal again.
>
> I appreciate the help on this.

TRENDING THREADS