Valk/Plague javelin lag

I don't know if this is a bug or if it is intended, but casting either
a valk or Plague Javelin causes the other skill to lag. This is
causing me no small amount of grief as I try to solo the Hell
Ancients,since my poor act 3 merc dies almost instantly and I need the
valk to draw some of the heat off and the PJ to take on the always LI
ancient(s).

Cast Valk, then run around waiting for PJ delay to end, or toss off a
few largely ineffectual LFs. Sometimes the Valk lasts, depending on
what color, and other times it dies immediately, which can be a pain,
since I have to wait if I have just tossed a PJ for the delay until I
cast Valk again.

So far, its Hell Ancients 10, LFzon 0.

BTW, Devak is going for the whole ride, so don't tell me to dump him
and get an Act 2 merc. : )

Also, this is an SP build, so I got what I got, and I can't twink
beyond whats in the stash.

unklbob wrote:
> I don't know if this is a bug or if it is intended, but casting either
> a valk or Plague Javelin causes the other skill to lag. This is
> causing me no small amount of grief as I try to solo the Hell
> Ancients,since my poor act 3 merc dies almost instantly and I need the
> valk to draw some of the heat off and the PJ to take on the always LI
> ancient(s).

Yes, Valkyrie and PJ are both timered. You can't cast 2 Valkyrie in
quick succession, nor can you throw 2 PJ's in quick succession.

> Cast Valk, then run around waiting for PJ delay to end, or toss off a
> few largely ineffectual LFs. Sometimes the Valk lasts, depending on
> what color, and other times it dies immediately, which can be a pain,
> since I have to wait if I have just tossed a PJ for the delay until I
> cast Valk again.

Keep Talic busy with a Decoy. Talic is the one using a shield, and WW
as primary skill. Korlic, the Leaper, is usually very easy to avoid,
you can trace his shadow as he leaps, and just move a little as he
does, he'll always miss. Madawc, especially when Cursed, can be very
dangerous. I'd concentrate on him first, Charged Strike if he's not
LI, PJ, Jab, or Fend if he is, while not forgetting to recast Decoys
for Talic to play with.

You may want to spread Mana potions before starting the fight, and
health potions too if you wish, but keep them relatively separate so
that when you hit ALT, the names don't get jumbled together.

> So far, its Hell Ancients 10, LFzon 0.
>
> BTW, Devak is going for the whole ride, so don't tell me to dump him
> and get an Act 2 merc. : )

Unfortunately, it just makes more sense to get an Act 2 merc. The Act
3 merc has very slow Hit Recovery rate, even slower than Sorceress or
Necromancer, making him always stunned from any hit. Especially
against the Ancients, one hit is all it takes for him to quickly get
another hit or two, and that's probably enough to finish him off.

> Also, this is an SP build, so I got what I got, and I can't twink
> beyond whats in the stash.

I think there is a utility that allows you to mule. Someone else
surely knows more about this.

TRENDING THREADS