SUSE 9.1 + HP xw8000 + nvidia: How to multihead?

David

Archived from groups: comp.os.linux.x,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.linux.suse,alt.os.linux.suse,comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?)

I'm running SUSE 9.1 on an XP xw8000 with an NVIDIA Quadro NVS 280 AGP
card. The card supports two displays. Can anyone suggest how to get
multihead support from this system? When I attempt multihead setup in
SaX2, I'm told "Your system does not provide more than one graphics
device."

Thanks.

Il Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:33:23 -0700, David ha scritto:

> I'm running SUSE 9.1 on an XP xw8000 with an NVIDIA Quadro NVS 280 AGP
> card. The card supports two displays. Can anyone suggest how to get
> multihead support from this system? When I attempt multihead setup in
> SaX2, I'm told "Your system does not provide more than one graphics
> device."
>
> Thanks.
>
> David
Multihead means two graphic cards not one

Archived from groups: comp.os.linux.x,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.linux.suse,alt.os.linux.suse,comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?)

.... or one graphics card with two or more heads. Evidently SUSE does not
support one card with two heads... Ben Myers

begin C:\AUX Ben Myers wrote:

> ... or one graphics card with two or more heads. Evidently SUSE does not
> support one card with two heads... Ben Myers

Bullshit
--
Microsoft software doesn't get released - it escapes, leaving
a trail of destruction behind it.

Archived from groups: comp.os.linux.x,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.linux.suse,alt.os.linux.suse,comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?)

On the seventh day, David wrote...

> I'm running SUSE 9.1 on an XP xw8000 with an NVIDIA Quadro NVS 280 AGP
> card. The card supports two displays. Can anyone suggest how to get
> multihead support from this system? When I attempt multihead setup in
> SaX2, I'm told "Your system does not provide more than one graphics
> device."

Have a look at either
http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux-e/2001-Jun/att-0072/01-TWINVIEW_README
or
http://www.gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Dual_Monitors .

BTW: Please set a follow-up when posting into multiple groups. Thank you.

HTH

Not likely! - Dr Pulaski, "Star Trek: The Next Generation,
(Where silence has lease)"