General_AJ_78

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2003
Ok, I must be missing something here...What is the difference between the A7N8X-X and the A7N8X? I've read through Asus' page and can't figure it out.

Thanks.

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
the a7n8x-x us a budget version of the a7n8x...it does not have as many features such as dual channel...i uses the nvidia nforce2 400...not the 400 ultra...

If i put my k6 in a Ferrari it would be faster than your your pentium 4 or Athlon XP :tongue:

wolverinero79

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2001
I think there are only a few differences

The A7N8X comes with a Game port bracket and a 9-pin COM cable and the -X does not

Wow...i'm stumped on this. The only other thing is the A7N8X has Twinback memory configuration. Supposidly this does something good to performance (according to Nvidia's marketing). Anyone have any idea?

According to newegg, the A7N8X is $12 more. Interesting...

I'm just your average habitual smiler =D

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
mostly marketing IMO...the AXP cpus cannot use 6400 or 5400 or 4200MB/s...they have a DDR fsb...which when synched with DDR memory...provides all the bandwith they can use...

If single channel is implimented well then a single channel nforce board could match if not perform better than a dual channel board...

The only reason dual channel is favored in the benchies is the boards benched are not designed to be used in single channel...if you get a board/bios that is tweaked for single channel...you can have a quick board...

Thus i would recomend looking at soltek's nfroce2 400 solutions...they have a board that is single channel and faster than the standard a7n8x in most benchmarks...

If i put my k6 in a Ferrari it would be faster than your your pentium 4 or Athlon XP :tongue: