The_Thing

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2002
Well, this one has me stumped. I just rebuilt my comp, Asus P4C800 delux, P42.6C, 512MB Corsair Twinx DDR400(low latency 2-3-2-6). I overclocked the FSB to 900. On PCMark2002 my ram scored 8400 stock, but it only score 7800 when i overclocked the fsb to 900 overclocked!!!
My CPU score increased from 6500 to 7300, but i just can't figure out why my ram score dropped. My PC mark only the trial, but as far as i know it should still score the same. I anybody has an i deas or has had (hopefuly conqured) this problem before i would most appreciate your help. Thancks.

Praesul

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2003
I´ve heard that some DDR400 won´t perform very well at CAS 2.0 when at high FSB. Don´t know if it´s just FUD or what, but try setting the timings to 2.5-3-2-6 and see the score.

---
The difference between theory and practise in practise is greater than the difference between theory and practise in theory.

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
no...pc3500 and 3700 are just factory overclocked modules...they will perform just as well as overclocked pcANYTHING memory to the same speeds with the same timmings...

I have found that memory bandwith benchmarks are nototiously wrong...every memory bandwith benchmark test i have used always seems to give me fluctuating and bogus results...if in other tests your performance has increased...let it be...

I mean benchmarks are not everything and obviously the overclock has helped your scores...

If i put my k6 in a Ferrari it would be faster than your your pentium 4 or Athlon XP :tongue:

pat

Expert
reading your sig, do you know that Ferrari already use AMD in their car? They are sponsoring the Formula 1 car and providing the computer chip needed for the car's eletronics system ...But I'm sure that this not K6..

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!

Praesul

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2003
Cool! I thought it was Samsung though. You got a link for that info??? Wouldn´t it be cool if it were a K6 in a Ferrari, we´d all have a right laugh! :smile:

---
The difference between theory and practise in practise is greater than the difference between theory and practise in theory.

pat

Expert
<A HREF="http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlines/news/detail/020206101405.shtml" target="_new">Ferrari-AMD</A>

It is quite old news, but here it is.

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!