Burning a CD-R with Windows XP to a cd-r that already has ..

I have a CD-R that I created on Windows 2000 using a third party software
(Roxio DirectCD). I now want to add to that cd using the Windows XP cd
burnign software. How do I do that? How do I make the cd writable again
without using 3rd party software? Thanks for all the help!!
--
Stephanie

map

Stephanie Mungaray wrote:
> I have a CD-R that I created on Windows 2000 using a third party
> software (Roxio DirectCD). I now want to add to that cd using the
> Windows XP cd burnign software. How do I do that? How do I make the
> cd writable again without using 3rd party software? Thanks for all
> the help!!

You can't,sorry

--
Mike Pawlak

Stephanie

As Mike pointed out you cannot. CD-R is sealed when finished. What you can do is to transfer all that is done on that CD-R to a new folder that you create only for that purpose and add the XP CD burning software to it and then burn a new CD-R

--
Peter

"Stephanie Mungaray" <StephanieMungaray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F91FF8D3-DA28-4E1B-8F77-B8DBD236A7A6@microsoft.com...
> I have a CD-R that I created on Windows 2000 using a third party software
> (Roxio DirectCD). I now want to add to that cd using the Windows XP cd
> burnign software. How do I do that? How do I make the cd writable again
> without using 3rd party software? Thanks for all the help!!
> --
> Stephanie

If you want to be able to add more data to the disk, you can do it, provided
that it was burned as a multi-session disk. If it was not burned as a
multi-session disk, then you cannot. Also the default WinXP burning software
does not support multi-session, so you would still need 3rd party software
to do it. I believe that Nero Express still supports multi-session burning,
and you should be able to find a copy of that. I believe it's free, as it
comes with most cdr/rw drives when you buy them.