Transferring windows updates

After buying a new computer. Is it posible to transfer all the hotfixes and
security updates, or do i have to download them on to my new machine?

Mny thanks Kev.

In news:60AF3EC9-0440-4108-96D4-0AE84B02FE67@microsoft.com,
Kev.ifty <Kevifty@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> After buying a new computer. Is it posible to transfer all the
> hotfixes and security updates, or do i have to download them on
> to my
> new machine?
>
> Mny thanks Kev.

Unless you downloaded them as installable files which were saved
(which most people don't do), you'll have to redownload them.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Not really, no.

See:

Before You Connect a New Computer to the Internet
http://www.cert.org/tech_tips/before_you_plug_in.html

Protect Your PC
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security