I use Norton SystemWorks One Button Checkup. The clean up span shows a
number of temp files that need to be removed but I cannot find. An example is
DOCUME~1\BOBTHU~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP\_ISTMPI.DIR\_1STMPO.DIR\Bbrdl.bmp

I've tried search; temp files with no success. Any suggestion where files
like this might be located?

Maybe they're gone already.

Start | Run | Type: %tmp% | Click OK |
Click the Folders icon and look around

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:9ED81DBD-E5E8-44AD-9670-1876B30FBADE@microsoft.com,
RS Thurman <RSThurman@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I use Norton SystemWorks One Button Checkup. The clean up span shows a
> number of temp files that need to be removed but I cannot find. An
> example is
> DOCUME~1\BOBTHU~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP\_ISTMPI.DIR\_1STMPO.DIR\Bbrdl.bmp
>
> I've tried search; temp files with no success. Any suggestion where files
> like this might be located?

It is maybe a hidden folder.Just use show hidden files and check it.

--
alderessy

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Maybe they're gone already.
>
> Start | Run | Type: %tmp% | Click OK |
> Click the Folders icon and look around
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:9ED81DBD-E5E8-44AD-9670-1876B30FBADE@microsoft.com,
> RS Thurman <RSThurman@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > I use Norton SystemWorks One Button Checkup. The clean up span shows a
> > number of temp files that need to be removed but I cannot find. An
> > example is
> > DOCUME~1\BOBTHU~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP\_ISTMPI.DIR\_1STMPO.DIR\Bbrdl.bmp
> >
> > I've tried search; temp files with no success. Any suggestion where files
> > like this might be located?

Thanks for your suggestion. Although the %tmp% listed several tmp files
they were not the ones I was looking for. I also checked hidden files with
no joy.

Robert Thurman

If Windows is on C:, paste this in the Start | Run box and click OK...

C:\DOCUME~1\BOBTHU~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP\_ISTMPI.DIR\_1STMPO.DIR

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:CBCAA914-2B0B-4BBD-B7ED-8570C58AD137@microsoft.com,

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> If Windows is on C:, paste this in the Start | Run box and click OK...
>
> C:\DOCUME~1\BOBTHU~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP\_ISTMPI.DIR\_1STMPO.DIR
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.

Windows is on C drive but when I inserted
C:\DOCUME~1\BOBTHU~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP\_ISTMPI.DIR\_1STMPO.DIR
in Run I got a message that it couldn't be found on the drive.

> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:CBCAA914-2B0B-4BBD-B7ED-8570C58AD137@microsoft.com,
> RS Thurman <RSThurman@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
> >
> >> Maybe they're gone already.
> >>
> >> Start | Run | Type: %tmp% | Click OK |
> >> Click the Folders icon and look around
> >>
> >> --
> >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> >>
> >> Wes
> >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >>
> >> In news:9ED81DBD-E5E8-44AD-9670-1876B30FBADE@microsoft.com,
> >> RS Thurman <RSThurman@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

> > Thanks for your suggestion. Although the %tmp% listed several tmp
> > files they were not the ones I was looking for. I also checked hidden
> > files with no joy.
> >
> > Robert Thurman

I copied and pasted that from your original post. So either you typed it
incorrectly or _1STMPO.DIR does not exist.

Paste this in and see what you get
C:\DOCUME~1\BOBTHU~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP\_ISTMPI.DIR

Pasting this in
C:\DOCUME~1\BOBTHU~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP
should get you the same thing as pasting in %tmp%

DOCUME~1 is short for Documents and Settings

BOBTHU~1 should be short for Bob Thurman

LOCALS~1 is short for Local Settings

%tmp% is a variable that shows where the logged on user's, your, temporary
files are located.

Here..

In news:4CF68A9F-DF3E-4939-B9ED-8537114DA3F7@microsoft.com,
RS BOBTHU~1 <RSThurman@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>
>> If Windows is on C:, paste this in the Start | Run box and click OK...
>>
>> C:\DOCUME~1\BOBTHU~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP\_ISTMPI.DIR\_1STMPO.DIR
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Windows is on C drive but when I inserted
> C:\DOCUME~1\BOBTHU~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP\_ISTMPI.DIR\_1STMPO.DIR
> in Run I got a message that it couldn't be found on the drive.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:CBCAA914-2B0B-4BBD-B7ED-8570C58AD137@microsoft.com,
>> RS Thurman <RSThurman@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

>>> Thanks for your suggestion. Although the %tmp% listed several tmp
>>> files they were not the ones I was looking for. I also checked hidden
>>> files with no joy.
>>>
>>> Robert Thurman

It worked for me. Thanks

regards,
werner

"RS Thurman" <RSThurman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>
>> Maybe they're gone already.
>>
>> Start | Run | Type: %tmp% | Click OK |
>> Click the Folders icon and look around
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:9ED81DBD-E5E8-44AD-9670-1876B30FBADE@microsoft.com,
>> RS Thurman <RSThurman@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>> > I use Norton SystemWorks One Button Checkup. The clean up span shows a
>> > number of temp files that need to be removed but I cannot find. An
>> > example is
>> > DOCUME~1\BOBTHU~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP\_ISTMPI.DIR\_1STMPO.DIR\Bbrdl.bmp
>> >
>> > I've tried search; temp files with no success. Any suggestion where
>> > files
>> > like this might be located?
>
> Thanks for your suggestion. Although the %tmp% listed several tmp
> files
> they were not the ones I was looking for. I also checked hidden files
> with
> no joy.
>
> Robert Thurman

Glad to hear it, Werner. Keep having fun. :)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:%23CaNzmJiFHA.500@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
Bullwinkle. J. Moose <moose.nyc@nospam.verizon.net> hunted and pecked:
> It worked for me. Thanks
>
> regards,
> werner
>
> "RS Thurman" <RSThurman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>

>> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe they're gone already.
>>>
>>> Start | Run | Type: %tmp% | Click OK |
>>> Click the Folders icon and look around
>>>
>>> --
>>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>>
>>> Wes
>>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>>
>>> In news:9ED81DBD-E5E8-44AD-9670-1876B30FBADE@microsoft.com,
>>> RS Thurman <RSThurman@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

>> Thanks for your suggestion. Although the %tmp% listed several tmp
>> files
>> they were not the ones I was looking for. I also checked hidden files
>> with
>> no joy.
>>
>> Robert Thurman

To Wesley Vogel

Using your suggestion went to Run and typed
C:\DOCUME~1\BOBTHU~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP

There I found ISTMP.DIR folders that contained the files I needed to delete.

I greatly appreciate your help.

Glad you go it taken care of. Keep having fun. :)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:2D549303-04B9-4FEF-9668-BC9736642599@microsoft.com,
RS Thurman <RSThurman@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> To Wesley Vogel
>
> Using your suggestion went to Run and typed
> C:\DOCUME~1\BOBTHU~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP
>
> There I found ISTMP.DIR folders that contained the files I needed to
> delete.
>
> I greatly appreciate your help.

"Are we having fun yet"

regards and thanks.