Strange Symbols

I have recently started receiving strange symbols, like a string of square
boxes instead of text, whenever I go to my hotmail web-site. Would appreciate
if someone can help me solve the problem.
8 answers Last reply
More about strange symbols

    repost your question with more detail.
    --
    Don Kendrick

    "Andy" wrote:

    > I have recently started receiving strange symbols, like a string of square
    > boxes instead of text, whenever I go to my hotmail web-site. Would appreciate
    > if someone can help me solve the problem.

    This is normally caused by a font missing. Or special symbols that are not on
    your computer due to some font not being installed. You could be getting
    email from Asia which uses fonts not normally installed on your computer. One
    thing that fixed this issue for me was doing a complete install of Office
    apps. This put every font on the office CD on my system. Including FarEast
    languages. I do not know if it works with other word processors.
    Another thing to check is to see if Hotmail website has a FAQ that may
    point to a font to install to remove this problem.

    "Andy" wrote:

    > I have recently started receiving strange symbols, like a string of square
    > boxes instead of text, whenever I go to my hotmail web-site. Would appreciate
    > if someone can help me solve the problem.

    Hi Unrepper, sorry for the late reply. I was out of the country the last 3
    weeks. Well I copied this from the Google web-site. As I was saying instead
    of words, I get this strange squares. I would appreciate if someone can help
    me with the problem.

    Thank you.
    Andy

    所有網� 圖片 新� 網上論壇 網�目錄

    進階�尋
    使用å??好
    語言�項
    �尋所有網站�尋所有中文網��尋�體中文網�

    廣告�務 - Google 完全手冊 - Singapore Google
    將 Google 設為首��

    "Unrepper" wrote:

    > repost your question with more detail.
    > --
    > Don Kendrick
    >

    > "Andy" wrote:
    >
    > > I have recently started receiving strange symbols, like a string of square
    > > boxes instead of text, whenever I go to my hotmail web-site. Would appreciate
    > > if someone can help me solve the problem.

    Hi davidan, tried your suggestion but still the same problem.

    In news:C8F1BADB-0A14-4D37-AB3D-380A92A6629B@microsoft.com,
    Andy <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    > Hi Unrepper, sorry for the late reply. I was out of the country
    > the
    > last 3 weeks. Well I copied this from the Google web-site. As I
    > was
    > saying instead of words, I get this strange squares. I would
    > appreciate if someone can help me with the problem.

    You may see "strange squares" below, but I see Chinese
    characters. The difference is what languages/character sets we
    have installed.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    > ???? ?? ?? ???? ????
    >
    > ????
    > ????
    > ????
    > ??????????????????????
    >

    > ???? - Google ???? - Singapore Google
    > ? Google ????!

    > "Unrepper" wrote:
    >
    >> repost your question with more detail.
    >> --
    >> Don Kendrick
    >>

    >> "Andy" wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have recently started receiving strange symbols, like a
    >>> string of
    >>> square boxes instead of text, whenever I go to my hotmail
    >>> web-site.
    >>> Would appreciate if someone can help me solve the problem.

    Is Google Desktop (Search) installed?
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

    Andy wrote:
    > Hi Unrepper, sorry for the late reply. I was out of the country the last 3
    > weeks. Well I copied this from the Google web-site. As I was saying
    > instead of words, I get this strange squares. I would appreciate if
    > someone can help me with the problem.
    >
    > Thank you.
    > Andy
    >
    > æ??æo?網é ? åo-ç?? æ-°è?z 網ä¸Sè«-å£? 網é ?ç>®éO"
    >
    > é?²ésZæ?oå°<
    > 使ç"¨å??好
    > èªzè¨?é?¸é .
    > æ?oå°<æ??æo?網ç«Tæ?oå°<æ??æo?中æ-?網é ?æ?oå°<ç¹?é«"中æ-?網é ?
    >

    > 廣å'Sæo?å > å°? Google 設ç,ºé¦-é ?ï¼?

    > "Unrepper" wrote:
    >
    > > repost your question with more detail.
    > > --
    > > Don Kendrick
    > >

    > > "Andy" wrote:
    > >
    > > > I have recently started receiving strange symbols, like a string of
    > > > square boxes instead of text, whenever I go to my hotmail web-site.
    > > > Would appreciate if someone can help me solve the problem.

    I see the same thing as Ken, Chinese characters.

    "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Unrepper, sorry for the late reply. I was out of the country the last 3
    > weeks. Well I copied this from the Google web-site. As I was saying
    > instead
    > of words, I get this strange squares. I would appreciate if someone can
    > help
    > me with the problem.
    >
    > Thank you.
    > Andy
    >
    > ???? ?? ?? ???? ????
    >
    > ????
    > ????
    > ????
    > ??????????????????????
    >

    > ???? - Google ???? - Singapore Google
    > ? Google ????!

    > "Unrepper" wrote:
    >
    >> repost your question with more detail.
    >> --
    >> Don Kendrick
    >>

    >> "Andy" wrote:
    >>
    >> > I have recently started receiving strange symbols, like a string of
    >> > square
    >> > boxes instead of text, whenever I go to my hotmail web-site. Would
    >> > appreciate
    >> > if someone can help me solve the problem.

    Well it doesn't only happen in Google. The same thing also happens in
    Hotmail. I gave the symbols in Google as an example.

    "PA Bear" wrote:

    > Is Google Desktop (Search) installed?
    > --
    > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
    >
    > Andy wrote:
    > > Hi Unrepper, sorry for the late reply. I was out of the country the last 3
    > > weeks. Well I copied this from the Google web-site. As I was saying
    > > instead of words, I get this strange squares. I would appreciate if
    > > someone can help me with the problem.
    > >
    > > Thank you.
    > > Andy
    > >
    > > æ??æo?網é � åo-ç?? æ-°è�z 網ä¸Sè«-å£? 網é �ç>®éO"
    > >
    > > é?²ésZæ�oå°<
    > > 使ç"¨å��好
    > > èªzè¨?é�¸é .
    > > æ�oå°<æ??æo?網ç«Tæ�oå°<æ??æo?中æ-?網é �æ�oå°<ç¹�é«"中æ-?網é �
    > >

    > > 廣å'Sæo�å > å°? Google 設ç,ºé¦-é �ï¼�

    > > "Unrepper" wrote:
    > >
    > > > repost your question with more detail.
    > > > --