Fireclaws Bear with OATH axe

Last response: in Video Games
July 22, 2005 12:31:52 AM

Hi,

I've been looking for a build that can make real good use of my OATH made
in an ethereal Feral Axe. Most builds struggle without a shield and the
186STR requirement is also quite steep.

I tried a Vengeance pally, but he's quite slow with 3.1 Vengenace attacks
and problems getting the AR and life leech, even in NM.

So I'm now trying it on a WereBear with Fireclaws as his main attack. The
50%IAS on-weapon already get me a 7fps speed, and with 60%IAS on gear I'd
get down to 6fps (4 attacks per second).

As I'm using STONE armor for the Molten Boulder synergy bug, I'm already
lacking 30 res all (compared to a GLOOM armor). And 60%IAS more would
mean a 15% jewel in the helmet, Highlord's ammu for 20%IAS, crafted
gloves and Goldwrap belt.

He's level 54 now and max damage with standarad attack is 4K! When he has
Fireclaws and Firestorm maxed, he'll deal about 8K phyisical (Maul
charge-up) and 3K fire damage. 410% AR from level 25 FC should cover all
AR issues.

But how about OK's and IM? A Crystal sword with 6 SHAEL's would get me
5fpa and only about 150 max physical damage with Fireclaws. Are there
fire-immune OK's? Or would 150 damage returned by IM still kill me? I
hope I can pump the next 30 levels of stat points into vit. So I hope for
a total of 3K-4K Vit as WereBear with Oak Sage..

Is there a Druid weapon that gives more than +2 to Druid skills? I have
Spirit Sword/Shield for pre-buffing now?

Other suggestions?

Oliver
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 12:31:53 AM

"Oliver Wenzel" <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in message
news:D bopmo$6ks$01$2@news.t-online.com...
> Hi,
>
> I've been looking for a build that can make real good use of my OATH made
> in an ethereal Feral Axe. Most builds struggle without a shield and the
> 186STR requirement is also quite steep.
>
> I tried a Vengeance pally, but he's quite slow with 3.1 Vengenace attacks
> and problems getting the AR and life leech, even in NM.
>
> So I'm now trying it on a WereBear with Fireclaws as his main attack. The
> 50%IAS on-weapon already get me a 7fps speed, and with 60%IAS on gear I'd
> get down to 6fps (4 attacks per second).

That's what I was going to do with mine, then never did. Heh.

> As I'm using STONE armor for the Molten Boulder synergy bug, I'm already
> lacking 30 res all (compared to a GLOOM armor). And 60%IAS more would
> mean a 15% jewel in the helmet, Highlord's ammu for 20%IAS, crafted
> gloves and Goldwrap belt.
>
> He's level 54 now and max damage with standarad attack is 4K! When he has
> Fireclaws and Firestorm maxed, he'll deal about 8K phyisical (Maul
> charge-up) and 3K fire damage. 410% AR from level 25 FC should cover all
> AR issues.
>
> But how about OK's and IM? A Crystal sword with 6 SHAEL's would get me
> 5fpa and only about 150 max physical damage with Fireclaws. Are there
> fire-immune OK's? Or would 150 damage returned by IM still kill me? I
> hope I can pump the next 30 levels of stat points into vit. So I hope for
> a total of 3K-4K Vit as WereBear with Oak Sage..

I'd just cast a Grizzly or Wolf on them so they change to Decrep, then
Shockwave them silly and let the Merc do the work.

short