Windows Media player

I need some help please!! I have a new computer and I am using Dell
Musicmatch for my music. I have not activated Windows Media 10.
Someone sent me a mvd. Windows Media popped up and wants to set up the
Media player which I have not done yet because I did not want Windows Media
Player 10 to take over my music..
In Windows Media Player 10 I unchecked - "Update my music files by
retrieving additional media info from the internet.' and left everything
checked. On next / Customize the Installation Options - all files are
checked.. Should I uncheck - Music CD playback, MP3 audio file (mp3)
(since I WANT to use Dell MusicMatch) and leave the rest checked?
I know it would be easier to set Windows Media Player correctly to start
with then trying go back and re-do the defaults. I do not want any MP3's to
go into Windows Media Player
Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.
1 answer Last reply
More about windows media player

    Right-click on any media file (e.g., MVD, MP3) already saved to your
    hard-drive > Open with > Select Dell Musicmatch & check the "Always open
    with..." box.
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

    Cindy wrote:
    > I need some help please!! I have a new computer and I am using Dell
    > Musicmatch for my music. I have not activated Windows Media 10.
    > Someone sent me a mvd. Windows Media popped up and wants to set up the
    > Media player which I have not done yet because I did not want Windows
    > Media Player 10 to take over my music..
    > In Windows Media Player 10 I unchecked - "Update my music files by
    > retrieving additional media info from the internet.' and left everything
    > checked. On next / Customize the Installation Options - all files are
    > checked.. Should I uncheck - Music CD playback, MP3 audio file (mp3)
    > (since I WANT to use Dell MusicMatch) and leave the rest checked?
    > I know it would be easier to set Windows Media Player correctly to start
    > with then trying go back and re-do the defaults. I do not want any MP3's
    > to go into Windows Media Player
    > Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Music Media Player Windows XP