screen goes blank intermittently

every so often my screen will go blank for a second or two and then return to
normal. This happens whether I am or not logged onto the internet.I am using
NVIDEA (whatever that is) and it says it is working properly. I also have a
registry cleaner so clear the caches and temp internet files regularlyand
defrag monthly.
I have been logged on for 15 mins now and it hasnt (so far) happened but
some hours ago it was happening every couple of mins. Could it be some other
cache that fills up and causes this ?? HELP

What is your Refresh Rate? Some LCD monitors may have similar situation when
the Refresh Rate is set to higher than your monitor can withstand. Usually
60Hz is enough for LCD monitors, although you may feel more comfortable with
75Hz, but if your monitor can't withstand with it, you will have to do it.

"alan777" wrote:

> every so often my screen will go blank for a second or two and then return to
> normal. This happens whether I am or not logged onto the internet.I am using
> NVIDEA (whatever that is) and it says it is working properly. I also have a
> registry cleaner so clear the caches and temp internet files regularlyand
> defrag monthly.
> I have been logged on for 15 mins now and it hasnt (so far) happened but
> some hours ago it was happening every couple of mins. Could it be some other
> cache that fills up and causes this ?? HELP

refresh rate is set to 60Hz. I am sitting here looking at a screen that goes
blank every few seconds now. the monitor is an proview model 568 manufactured
aug 2002 so its not old. Ive even tried the "roll back" to previous dates in
XP without success. Ive tried unplugging the monitor and have check all
cables. Nothing seems to work. HELP