Cannot properly add quick launch icons to my taskbar

sarah

I switched on my PC one day and the quick launch icons on the left of
my taskbar had gone. I right-clicked the taskbar and selected
"toolbars" and "quick launch" and this brought back the quick
launch icons but doubled the size of my task bar and it will not reduce
to its normal size unless I remove quick launch from the toolbars menu.

I then tried to drag shortcuts from the desktop to the taskbar, which
is how I had originally got the quick launch icons I wanted, but they
would not attach to the taskbar.

I have made no recent changes of any kind.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Sarah

Here, have this little program i included in the attachment. It should
help. It's for all kinds of problems with taskbar, quick launch and
notification area.

First run Patch.exe so you will have all the functions of the program
and then run the Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!.exe

In "Taskbar Problems", click on "Restore defaults", then "Apply".
If that doesn't work, try something else from the features.

I hope it helps.

|Filename: Patch.zip |
|Download: http://www.pcbanter.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=2542 |

Madboy

On 14 Jul 2005 07:38:42 -0700, Sarah wrote:

> I switched on my PC one day and the quick launch icons on the left of
> my taskbar had gone. I right-clicked the taskbar and selected
> "toolbars" and "quick launch" and this brought back the quick
> launch icons but doubled the size of my task bar and it will not reduce
> to its normal size unless I remove quick launch from the toolbars menu.
>
> I then tried to drag shortcuts from the desktop to the taskbar, which
> is how I had originally got the quick launch icons I wanted, but they
> would not attach to the taskbar.
>
> I have made no recent changes of any kind.
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sarah

It sounds like you have "Large Icons" or a toolbar that is two rows high.
To switch back to small icons - right click within the toolbar and select
View> small icons. To resize: Right click the taskbar and uncheck "Lock
Taskbar." The quick launch area should now shows dotted boundary lines.
These can be grabbed and moved using the mouse cursor. Be patient as it can
take several tries to get the toolbar back onto a single line.

When resizing, you may find those shortcuts that you tried adding before.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

> It sounds like you have "Large Icons" or a toolbar that is two rows high.
> To switch back to small icons - right click within the toolbar and select
> View> small icons. To resize: Right click the taskbar and uncheck "Lock
> Taskbar." The quick launch area should now shows dotted boundary lines.
> These can be grabbed and moved using the mouse cursor. Be patient as it
can
> take several tries to get the toolbar back onto a single line.
>
> When resizing, you may find those shortcuts that you tried adding before.
>
> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Thanks for the info. It proved to be very helpful. Especially the "Be
patient as it can take several tries" as it did take several.
The only thing I might add is when I right clicked the task bar, I had to
click "properties" first to get to the taskbar menu.

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 13:47:06 GMT, news.kal.sbcglobal.net wrote:

> Thanks for the info. It proved to be very helpful. Especially the "Be
> patient as it can take several tries" as it did take several.
> The only thing I might add is when I right clicked the task bar, I had to
> click "properties" first to get to the taskbar menu.

You're most welcome and am glad to hear that this is fixed for you now.
Enjoy!

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

"" wrote:
> I switched on my PC one day and the quick launch icons on the
> left of
> my taskbar had gone. I right-clicked the taskbar and selected
> "toolbars" and "quick launch" and this brought back the quick
> launch icons but doubled the size of my task bar and it will
> not reduce
> to its normal size unless I remove quick launch from the
> toolbars menu.
>
> I then tried to drag shortcuts from the desktop to the
> taskbar, which
> is how I had originally got the quick launch icons I wanted,
> but they
> would not attach to the taskbar.
>
> I have made no recent changes of any kind.
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sarah

Hi Madboy, I downloaded Patch.exe and I got the window asking for the
TaskBar Repair ToolPlus.exe, where can I find it.

Hoping to solve my problem
Lennie Lyon

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/New-Users-properly-add-quick-launch-icons-taskbar-ftopict395846.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1331936

richter

Distinguished
May 5, 2005

Matt

"Lennie" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> "" wrote:
> > I switched on my PC one day and the quick launch icons on the
> > left of
> > my taskbar had gone. I right-clicked the taskbar and selected
> > "toolbars" and "quick launch" and this brought back the quick
> > launch icons but doubled the size of my task bar and it will
> > not reduce
> > to its normal size unless I remove quick launch from the
> > toolbars menu.
> >
> > I then tried to drag shortcuts from the desktop to the
> > taskbar, which
> > is how I had originally got the quick launch icons I wanted,
> > but they
> > would not attach to the taskbar.
> >
> > I have made no recent changes of any kind.
> > Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Sarah
>
> Hi Madboy, I downloaded Patch.exe and I got the window asking for the
> TaskBar Repair ToolPlus.exe, where can I find it.
>

> Hoping to solve my problem
> Lennie Lyon

> request
> Topic URL: