Sign in with
Your question

Games slow down

Last response: in Video Games
Anonymous
November 4, 2009 1:06:35 PM

I have a problem with my pc. Every game that i play is running slow after a couple minutes. I have done the following:
-Removed and cleaned every component from dust
-tried with single display adapter(normally i use SLI)
-Tried with different hard drives, formatted and re-installed windows
-Updated all drivers and also tried older drivers

I have played these games before with this assembly without any problems. So i am guessing my motherboard is failing?

More about : games slow

November 4, 2009 2:51:45 PM

Welcome to THG - in order for us to give you a solution to your problems, please can you provide us with system specs ?

Mobo
CPU
RAM
GPU
PSU

and not forgetting which operating system you are using.

Anonymous
November 4, 2009 3:49:14 PM

Motherboard: Asus M2N4-SLI chipset NVIDIA nForce 500 SLI
CPU: AMD Athlon XP 4600+
RAM: 2 x 1Gb DDR2-800
GPU: Geforce 7950 GT
PSU: Colorsic 480W

I am using windows XP.
Related resources
November 4, 2009 5:55:58 PM

What games and at what resolution ? And how long has this been going on ? When you say you reformatted and reinstalled drivers, did you install all the mother board drivers again ? You can get them from the disc you got with your mother board or from nvidia's down load page.
Anonymous
November 4, 2009 7:44:09 PM

Resolutions and time does not matter due to the fact that I have played these same games before with this very same assembly. I´ve been using flatout ultimate carnage as a testing game when finding out the problem. I have the latest drivers for my motherboard.
November 4, 2009 8:08:45 PM

Resolution does matter to help isolate the problem. So does your games settings.... from the nvidia control panel and from the games console. I'm not familiar with that game. What others do you play?

Scan your system for maggot-ware ? Spyware Terminator, Super Antispyware and AVG would help greatly here.
Anonymous
November 5, 2009 12:24:25 PM

Well I´ve tried different resolutions from 1280x800 to 1680x1050 (16:10). The Nvidia control panel settings are default, no changes are made there. First time I encountered this problem was when I installed OFP2: dragon rising. It was lagging all the time so i thought my hardware is not good enough to run it. Then the problem appeard on all the games and lagging got even worse and currently the game practically freezes(1 frame per minute) after couple minutes of playing. Yet windows is running normally on the same time and CPU load is only 60%. Temps are also very normal.
!