Strange problem with MSI mainboard. update

neevazno

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2003
Hi.
I’m having a problem with my main board and I hope that you can tell me what’s the problem.
During my work PC stop working (only VGA and PSU fans are working and reset is not working) and monitor immediately goes in stand by mode. After that I can turn PC on but it’s not bootable. Again only VGA and PSU fans are working and led diodes (there are four and who are for diagnostic function are all red meaning “system power on” and this is first step. There are 15 steps more before system is booted)
Firs I tough that’s some hardware problem but I just didn’t see anything. All other components were working on others PC. Than my friend who is working in a service department in a company that sells PC component saw it and se sad that he didn’t find any reason why main board isn’t functioning. Iv tried again to boot up and angry because I fail I hit PC and than I tried again and for some miracle PC now worked just fine. Only problem was that now clock was 23:30 and date was November 28. 2023.
After that this happens few times and now I’m asking you if you know what can be the problem.
MB is MSI.
Thanks.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by neevazno on 08/17/03 12:12 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Well the cheapest start would be to replace the CMOS battery, and reset the settings, if that doesn't do it, either look to the P/S going bad, or M/B chipset failure.

Iv tried again to boot up and angry because I fail I hit PC and than I tried again and for some miracle PC now worked just fine. Only problem was that now clock was 23:30 and date was November 28. 2023.
PS Do not hit the PC you could seriously damage the hardrive and loose all your data, and not be able to recover it. Sometimes it could be as simple as removing and reseating the RAM modules that may solve a corosion problem, or a connector thats loose, but striking the computer in anger, will cause more trouble period. Don't do it.

<b><font color=purple>Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.</font color=purple></b><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by 4ryan6 on 08/16/03 06:59 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I've seen boards get grounded and ungrounded to spare mounting posts when you move them around.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

neevazno

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2003
Its not PSU. I have a relativly new PSU of 3 months. And its not PSU because some thimes its work and sometimes not. And when its working it gieves unseen stability. MSI gieves bundle software that shows mainboard parameters and PSU parameters. And about CMOS batery iv change it yesterday and problems remains. Iv also chek if there is contact between MB and case in some other part than crews but there was not. Iv tried everything but nothing helps. Now i can even notice that windows is running much slower and HDD temperature is relativly high 45 deg C. when PC starts.

Flinx

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
My ideas:

1) Examine motherboard for bad capacitors, coils, leaking dialectric fluid? (as per example in <A HREF="http://www.motherboardrepair.com/index.php?sec=images" target="_new">images </A>)

2) Reseat all cards.

3) Did you lose a screw and not find it.

4) Strip all unnecessary equipment. Use only one memory stick.

5) swap your equipment one by one into a working machine.
Use the working machine to test your parts. More than one may be bad

6) Try a new Mobo.

7) Throw hands up in frustration. Get down on knees. Implore computer gods for relief from your trials and tribulations :smile: !

The loving are the daring!

TRENDING THREADS