XP resident help files

July 16, 2005 8:55:36 AM

My XP Home doesn't have help files resident on my computer -- instead, I
have to be online so that I can be connected to the helpfiles online at
Microsoft. I find this much more time consuming and aggravating than
when they on my previous computers (Win98 and the company computers
with Win2000).

Is there a place where I can download and install XP help files? I
couldn't find any on Microsoft's site.

harms01ns

--
harms01ns

More about : resident files

Anonymous
July 16, 2005 2:13:32 PM

harms01ns,
To reinstall Help and Support: Go to C:\Windows\inf\pchealth.inf.
Right click and choose install. Have your CD handy.

Note: The folder is hidden by default. Go to Start/Run and type in:
control folders. View: Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide
extensions for known file types.
Best,
Treeman

--