Need Help with XP activation

a b U Graphics card
July 16, 2005 5:21:02 AM

I recently purchased a computer that I had someone build for me. He
installed Windows XP on the computer for me, however I guess he left it for
me to activate. Upon receiving the computer in the mail I found out that the
video card was blown and had no way of hooking up a monitor to the computer
b/c I have no onboard video neither. It took me a little over a month before
I finally got a new video card and now I have this problem upon turning on
the computer. Please Tell me what I can do!

When attempting logon,I receive the following message:

Windows Product Activation

"This copy of Windows must be activated with Microsoft
before you can log on. Do you want to activate Windows
now?

Yes No

After clicking yes, I am notified the Windows is already
activated, and I am brought back to the logon screen and
the process repeats.

I guess Windows has to be activated but I have no way of doing so.

More about : activation

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
July 16, 2005 10:50:06 AM

Windows XP Logs You Off When You Try to Activate the Product
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330136

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"TBeezy812" wrote:

| I recently purchased a computer that I had someone build for me. He
| installed Windows XP on the computer for me, however I guess he left it for
| me to activate. Upon receiving the computer in the mail I found out that the
| video card was blown and had no way of hooking up a monitor to the computer
| b/c I have no onboard video neither. It took me a little over a month before
| I finally got a new video card and now I have this problem upon turning on
| the computer. Please Tell me what I can do!
|

| When attempting logon,I receive the following message:
|
| Windows Product Activation
|
| "This copy of Windows must be activated with Microsoft
| before you can log on. Do you want to activate Windows
| now?
|
| Yes No
|
| After clicking yes, I am notified the Windows is already
| activated, and I am brought back to the logon screen and
| the process repeats.
|
| I guess Windows has to be activated but I have no way of doing so.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
July 17, 2005 5:42:17 PM

> Windows XP Logs You Off When You Try to Activate the Product
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330136

This link might work better:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/3330136

--