Downloading problems

July 16, 2005 12:04:02 PM

My problem is that every time I try to download (specifically Turbo Lister
from the eBay site) the download begins, then after about 5 minutes I get a
message to say

'Internet Explorer cannot download setupUK.exe from download.ebay.com.
Internet explorer was not able to open this internet site. The request is
either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.'

I am using Windows XP, broadband, the XP firewall (only) and Avast. I've
tried downloading with the firewall and avast turned off.

I'm not very computer literate so any help in simple terms would be very
much appreciated.

More about : downloading problems

July 16, 2005 12:31:02 PM

Are you trying to download Turbo Lister Web Setup or Full Setup?
--
Don Kendrick

"Lisa" wrote:

> My problem is that every time I try to download (specifically Turbo Lister
> from the eBay site) the download begins, then after about 5 minutes I get a
> message to say
>
> 'Internet Explorer cannot download setupUK.exe from download.ebay.com.
> Internet explorer was not able to open this internet site. The request is
> either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.'
>
> I am using Windows XP, broadband, the XP firewall (only) and Avast. I've
> tried downloading with the firewall and avast turned off.
>
> I'm not very computer literate so any help in simple terms would be very
> much appreciated.

Anonymous
July 16, 2005 1:45:13 PM

When I try the web setup nothing happens (no grey box or anything.) With the
full setup a grey box comes up straight away and starts looking like it's
downloading, but it does it without me having to click start or anything.
Sorry my terminology isn't very good!

epper" wrote:

> Are you trying to download Turbo Lister Web Setup or Full Setup?
> --
> Don Kendrick
>

> "Lisa" wrote:
>
> > My problem is that every time I try to download (specifically Turbo Lister
> > from the eBay site) the download begins, then after about 5 minutes I get a
> > message to say
> >
> > 'Internet Explorer cannot download setupUK.exe from download.ebay.com.
> > Internet explorer was not able to open this internet site. The request is
> > either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.'
> >
> > I am using Windows XP, broadband, the XP firewall (only) and Avast. I've
> > tried downloading with the firewall and avast turned off.
> >
> > I'm not very computer literate so any help in simple terms would be very
> > much appreciated.

Related resources
July 16, 2005 2:21:01 PM

O.K. The full version should be saved on you computer. Start teh download
adn w indow should come up ask to RUN, SAVE, or cancle. You want to save it
to the desktop. Click save, a window will pop up wanting you to select a
place to save it. Select the desktop. The program should be shown on you
destop then open it and it should run.
--
Don Kendrick

"Lisa" wrote:

> My problem is that every time I try to download (specifically Turbo Lister
> from the eBay site) the download begins, then after about 5 minutes I get a
> message to say
>
> 'Internet Explorer cannot download setupUK.exe from download.ebay.com.
> Internet explorer was not able to open this internet site. The request is
> either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.'
>
> I am using Windows XP, broadband, the XP firewall (only) and Avast. I've
> tried downloading with the firewall and avast turned off.
>
> I'm not very computer literate so any help in simple terms would be very
> much appreciated.

Anonymous
July 16, 2005 2:41:02 PM

Thanks I'll see if I can find it and will come back to let you know how I'm
getting on. Thanks for your help!

"Unrepper" wrote:

> O.K. The full version should be saved on you computer. Start teh download
> adn w indow should come up ask to RUN, SAVE, or cancle. You want to save it
> to the desktop. Click save, a window will pop up wanting you to select a
> place to save it. Select the desktop. The program should be shown on you
> destop then open it and it should run.
> --
> Don Kendrick
>

> "Lisa" wrote:
>
> > My problem is that every time I try to download (specifically Turbo Lister
> > from the eBay site) the download begins, then after about 5 minutes I get a
> > message to say
> >
> > 'Internet Explorer cannot download setupUK.exe from download.ebay.com.
> > Internet explorer was not able to open this internet site. The request is
> > either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.'
> >
> > I am using Windows XP, broadband, the XP firewall (only) and Avast. I've
> > tried downloading with the firewall and avast turned off.
> >
> > I'm not very computer literate so any help in simple terms would be very
> > much appreciated.

Anonymous
July 16, 2005 3:32:04 PM

I can't find it saved anywhere on my computer, I've tried search, looked in
my documents and desktop.

When I try to download it's still just going straight into the papers flying
across bit - without me clicking start, save to or doing anything, they are
blanked out - then the message is coming up as before, saying IE can't find
the site.

Thanks for your patience

"Lisa" wrote:

> Thanks I'll see if I can find it and will come back to let you know how I'm
> getting on. Thanks for your help!
>
> "Unrepper" wrote:
>
> > O.K. The full version should be saved on you computer. Start teh download
> > adn w indow should come up ask to RUN, SAVE, or cancle. You want to save it
> > to the desktop. Click save, a window will pop up wanting you to select a
> > place to save it. Select the desktop. The program should be shown on you
> > destop then open it and it should run.
> > --
> > Don Kendrick
> >

> > "Lisa" wrote:
> >
> > > My problem is that every time I try to download (specifically Turbo Lister
> > > from the eBay site) the download begins, then after about 5 minutes I get a
> > > message to say
> > >
> > > 'Internet Explorer cannot download setupUK.exe from download.ebay.com.
> > > Internet explorer was not able to open this internet site. The request is
> > > either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.'
> > >
> > > I am using Windows XP, broadband, the XP firewall (only) and Avast. I've
> > > tried downloading with the firewall and avast turned off.
> > >
> > > I'm not very computer literate so any help in simple terms would be very
> > > much appreciated.

July 16, 2005 4:00:01 PM

Lets try an alternative site www.betanews.com click on file forum and enter
ebay in the search bar. Try downloading here.
--
Don Kendrick

"Lisa" wrote:

> My problem is that every time I try to download (specifically Turbo Lister
> from the eBay site) the download begins, then after about 5 minutes I get a
> message to say
>
> 'Internet Explorer cannot download setupUK.exe from download.ebay.com.
> Internet explorer was not able to open this internet site. The request is
> either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.'
>
> I am using Windows XP, broadband, the XP firewall (only) and Avast. I've
> tried downloading with the firewall and avast turned off.
>
> I'm not very computer literate so any help in simple terms would be very
> much appreciated.

Anonymous
July 16, 2005 4:21:02 PM

I've just tried the site and exactly the same thing happened. I haven't tried
downloading anything else recently, could it be a problem with all
downloading?

"Unrepper" wrote:

> Lets try an alternative site www.betanews.com click on file forum and enter
> ebay in the search bar. Try downloading here.
> --
> Don Kendrick
>

> "Lisa" wrote:
>
> > My problem is that every time I try to download (specifically Turbo Lister
> > from the eBay site) the download begins, then after about 5 minutes I get a
> > message to say
> >
> > 'Internet Explorer cannot download setupUK.exe from download.ebay.com.
> > Internet explorer was not able to open this internet site. The request is
> > either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.'
> >
> > I am using Windows XP, broadband, the XP firewall (only) and Avast. I've
> > tried downloading with the firewall and avast turned off.
> >
> > I'm not very computer literate so any help in simple terms would be very
> > much appreciated.

July 16, 2005 4:53:01 PM

Open Internet Explorer click on tools at the top and select internet options,
select advanced and scroll down to Use passive FTP and make sure there's a
check mark there. Click apply if you had to mark it. Select Security at the
top highlight internet and click on Custom Level, scroll down to Downloads
the settings should be Enable, Enable and Prompt. Scroll down to Installation
of Destop Items and select Prompt or Enable. Click OK then Apply the OK.
Close IE and Reboot and try again.
Keep posting And I'll Keep trying
--
Don Kendrick

"Lisa" wrote:

> My problem is that every time I try to download (specifically Turbo Lister
> from the eBay site) the download begins, then after about 5 minutes I get a
> message to say
>
> 'Internet Explorer cannot download setupUK.exe from download.ebay.com.
> Internet explorer was not able to open this internet site. The request is
> either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.'
>
> I am using Windows XP, broadband, the XP firewall (only) and Avast. I've
> tried downloading with the firewall and avast turned off.
>
> I'm not very computer literate so any help in simple terms would be very
> much appreciated.

Anonymous
July 16, 2005 5:39:02 PM

I really thought that was going to work - it didn't though! There was some
changes, the use passive FTP wasn't checked, and the 1st enable.

Thanks for helping me.

"Unrepper" wrote:

> Open Internet Explorer click on tools at the top and select internet options,
> select advanced and scroll down to Use passive FTP and make sure there's a
> check mark there. Click apply if you had to mark it. Select Security at the
> top highlight internet and click on Custom Level, scroll down to Downloads
> the settings should be Enable, Enable and Prompt. Scroll down to Installation
> of Destop Items and select Prompt or Enable. Click OK then Apply the OK.
> Close IE and Reboot and try again.
> Keep posting And I'll Keep trying
> --
> Don Kendrick
>

> "Lisa" wrote:
>
> > My problem is that every time I try to download (specifically Turbo Lister
> > from the eBay site) the download begins, then after about 5 minutes I get a
> > message to say
> >
> > 'Internet Explorer cannot download setupUK.exe from download.ebay.com.
> > Internet explorer was not able to open this internet site. The request is
> > either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.'
> >
> > I am using Windows XP, broadband, the XP firewall (only) and Avast. I've
> > tried downloading with the firewall and avast turned off.
> >
> > I'm not very computer literate so any help in simple terms would be very
> > much appreciated.

July 16, 2005 5:48:02 PM

try by selecting enable for everything in internet and trusted sites. Then
we can change them one at a time. It may a while before I get back to you.
Headed to beach for few hours.
--
Don Kendrick

"Lisa" wrote:

> I really thought that was going to work - it didn't though! There was some
> changes, the use passive FTP wasn't checked, and the 1st enable.
>
> Thanks for helping me.
>
> "Unrepper" wrote:
>
> > Open Internet Explorer click on tools at the top and select internet options,
> > select advanced and scroll down to Use passive FTP and make sure there's a
> > check mark there. Click apply if you had to mark it. Select Security at the
> > top highlight internet and click on Custom Level, scroll down to Downloads
> > the settings should be Enable, Enable and Prompt. Scroll down to Installation
> > of Destop Items and select Prompt or Enable. Click OK then Apply the OK.
> > Close IE and Reboot and try again.
> > Keep posting And I'll Keep trying
> > --
> > Don Kendrick
> >

> > "Lisa" wrote:
> >
> > > My problem is that every time I try to download (specifically Turbo Lister
> > > from the eBay site) the download begins, then after about 5 minutes I get a
> > > message to say
> > >
> > > 'Internet Explorer cannot download setupUK.exe from download.ebay.com.
> > > Internet explorer was not able to open this internet site. The request is
> > > either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.'
> > >
> > > I am using Windows XP, broadband, the XP firewall (only) and Avast. I've
> > > tried downloading with the firewall and avast turned off.
> > >
> > > I'm not very computer literate so any help in simple terms would be very
> > > much appreciated.

Anonymous
July 16, 2005 5:57:03 PM

Thanks, I'll do that.
Your going to the beach, it's just gone dark here!
Have a nice time.

"Unrepper" wrote:

> try by selecting enable for everything in internet and trusted sites. Then
> we can change them one at a time. It may a while before I get back to you.
> Headed to beach for few hours.
> --
> Don Kendrick
>

> "Lisa" wrote:
>
> > I really thought that was going to work - it didn't though! There was some
> > changes, the use passive FTP wasn't checked, and the 1st enable.
> >
> > Thanks for helping me.
> >
> > "Unrepper" wrote:
> >
> > > Open Internet Explorer click on tools at the top and select internet options,
> > > select advanced and scroll down to Use passive FTP and make sure there's a
> > > check mark there. Click apply if you had to mark it. Select Security at the
> > > top highlight internet and click on Custom Level, scroll down to Downloads
> > > the settings should be Enable, Enable and Prompt. Scroll down to Installation
> > > of Destop Items and select Prompt or Enable. Click OK then Apply the OK.
> > > Close IE and Reboot and try again.
> > > Keep posting And I'll Keep trying
> > > --
> > > Don Kendrick

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 11:36:21 AM

Don are you around, I wasn't able to get to the computer last night.
I've tried all on enable - it still doesn't work!
Lisa

"Lisa" wrote:

> Thanks, I'll do that.
> Your going to the beach, it's just gone dark here!
> Have a nice time.
>
> "Unrepper" wrote:
>
> > try by selecting enable for everything in internet and trusted sites. Then
> > we can change them one at a time. It may a while before I get back to you.
> > Headed to beach for few hours.
> > --
> > Don Kendrick
> >

> > "Lisa" wrote:
> >
> > > I really thought that was going to work - it didn't though! There was some
> > > changes, the use passive FTP wasn't checked, and the 1st enable.
> > >
> > > Thanks for helping me.

July 19, 2005 2:14:01 AM

O.k let's try one more thing this is the direct link to the download
http://download.ebay.com/turbo_lister/setupUS.exe
by looking at it the setupUS.exe has me wondering if this is for United
States only.

You may have to contact ebay international for assistance or location of a
similar program. I don't want to leave you hanging so I'll do more looking.
--
Don Kendrick

"Lisa" wrote:

> My problem is that every time I try to download (specifically Turbo Lister
> from the eBay site) the download begins, then after about 5 minutes I get a
> message to say
>
> 'Internet Explorer cannot download setupUK.exe from download.ebay.com.
> Internet explorer was not able to open this internet site. The request is
> either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.'
>
> I am using Windows XP, broadband, the XP firewall (only) and Avast. I've
> tried downloading with the firewall and avast turned off.
>
> I'm not very computer literate so any help in simple terms would be very
> much appreciated.

July 19, 2005 2:37:02 AM

If you have a question or issue not mentioned on this page, or just have a
general question, there are several options available to you.

We recommend that you first visit the Turbo Lister discussion board, where
members help each other with the assistance of eBay staff.

http://forums.ebay.com/forum.jsp?forum=34
--
Don Kendrick

"Lisa" wrote:

> My problem is that every time I try to download (specifically Turbo Lister
> from the eBay site) the download begins, then after about 5 minutes I get a
> message to say
>
> 'Internet Explorer cannot download setupUK.exe from download.ebay.com.
> Internet explorer was not able to open this internet site. The request is
> either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.'
>
> I am using Windows XP, broadband, the XP firewall (only) and Avast. I've
> tried downloading with the firewall and avast turned off.
>
> I'm not very computer literate so any help in simple terms would be very
> much appreciated.

July 19, 2005 2:50:01 AM

Went to the UK site and tried downloading from there I used firefox and
didn't have any issues. I also noticed your post for assistance there as
well, that six pac guy is an #$%hole. TRy copying you original post and
placing it in the Internet explorer news group at the botom of where you
found this one. I'll keep trying to find solutions.
--
Don Kendrick

"Unrepper" wrote:

> O.k let's try one more thing this is the direct link to the download
> http://download.ebay.com/turbo_lister/setupUS.exe
> by looking at it the setupUS.exe has me wondering if this is for United
> States only.
>
> You may have to contact ebay international for assistance or location of a
> similar program. I don't want to leave you hanging so I'll do more looking.
> --
> Don Kendrick
>

> "Lisa" wrote:
>
> > My problem is that every time I try to download (specifically Turbo Lister
> > from the eBay site) the download begins, then after about 5 minutes I get a
> > message to say
> >
> > 'Internet Explorer cannot download setupUK.exe from download.ebay.com.
> > Internet explorer was not able to open this internet site. The request is
> > either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.'
> >
> > I am using Windows XP, broadband, the XP firewall (only) and Avast. I've
> > tried downloading with the firewall and avast turned off.
> >
> > I'm not very computer literate so any help in simple terms would be very
> > much appreciated.

July 19, 2005 3:00:04 AM

here is a site that might help at least you can email someome who cares
unlike Mr. Six-pac.
http://members.ebay.de/ws2/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&u...
--
Don Kendrick

"Lisa" wrote:

> My problem is that every time I try to download (specifically Turbo Lister
> from the eBay site) the download begins, then after about 5 minutes I get a
> message to say
>
> 'Internet Explorer cannot download setupUK.exe from download.ebay.com.
> Internet explorer was not able to open this internet site. The request is
> either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.'
>
> I am using Windows XP, broadband, the XP firewall (only) and Avast. I've
> tried downloading with the firewall and avast turned off.
>
> I'm not very computer literate so any help in simple terms would be very
> much appreciated.

Anonymous
July 19, 2005 3:40:02 PM

Thanks ever so much! I'll start going through all the options you've
suggested.

I did try downloading something else (can't remember what) but it wouldn't
work either, same message and everything.

Thanks for your help, you've been wonderful!

Lisa.

!