I am running Windows XP Home SP2, Norton antivirus. Up until now I have all
the the latest critial updates (Windows). The last three that I downloaded
and tried to install I get an error message that windows installer is not
compatable with norton antivirus. I need to uninstall norton and reinstall?
Anyone having this problem or know what it is about? I use spybot, adaware
and spywareblaster.

Symantec Automated Support Assistant
http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/consumer.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"walt" wrote:

| I am running Windows XP Home SP2, Norton antivirus. Up until now I have all
| the the latest critial updates (Windows). The last three that I downloaded
| and tried to install I get an error message that windows installer is not
| compatable with norton antivirus. I need to uninstall norton and reinstall?
| Anyone having this problem or know what it is about? I use spybot, adaware
| and spywareblaster.

I allready tried that, couldn't find an answer there that's why I'm trying
here.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Symantec Automated Support Assistant
> http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/consumer.html
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "walt" wrote:
>
> | I am running Windows XP Home SP2, Norton antivirus. Up until now I have all
> | the the latest critial updates (Windows). The last three that I downloaded
> | and tried to install I get an error message that windows installer is not
> | compatable with norton antivirus. I need to uninstall norton and reinstall?
> | Anyone having this problem or know what it is about? I use spybot, adaware
> | and spywareblaster.

What version of Norton AntiVirus do you have installed?

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> What version of Norton AntiVirus do you have installed?
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "walt" wrote:
>
> | I allready tried that, couldn't find an answer there that's why I'm trying
> | here.

Thanks for the responses, before I reinstall (after I uninstall Norton)
should I redownload the 3 "critical" updates and install them? I did a system
restore to the previous day and removed them. The error message went away.
Thanks for all your help.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Uninstall Norton, then reinstall it.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "walt" wrote:
>
> | 2005

Yes.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"walt" wrote:

| Thanks for the responses, before I reinstall (after I uninstall Norton)
| should I redownload the 3 "critical" updates and install them? I did a system
| restore to the previous day and removed them. The error message went away.
| Thanks for all your help.

Thank You very much for all the help.