Internet options

Shakey

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

I just looked at internet options - security - restricted sites and found a
bunch in there. I had none about a month ago and never had any before. Some
sound bad but that's irrelevant, my question is how did they get there? Is
this some connection to MS's new security downloads?
SG

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 23:02:46 -0700, "shakey" <shakey@sonic.net> wrote:

>I just looked at internet options - security - restricted sites and found a
>bunch in there. I had none about a month ago and never had any before. Some
>sound bad but that's irrelevant, my question is how did they get there? Is
>this some connection to MS's new security downloads?
>SG

Believe it or not you installed those without knowing it, from your choice of
web sites to browse.

If you just delete those items in the secure zone, that won't end the threat.
The program that put them there is still on your machine making sure they stay
there.

You need a good virus scan NOW!
BTDT: Chances are the virus scan won't find them requiring you to hand remove
them from the registry, your startups, and the hard drive.

It's like looking for something you didn't lose and have no idea what you're
looking for. But you're halfway there. You know you didn't stick them in your
secure zone.
A search on the web for those items in your secure zone might turn up someone
else that successfully removed them and bothered to document step by step how
to remove them.

Those items aren't there for your benefit.
I'm guessing from your statement "found a
bunch in there", that your machine has turned a bit sluggish online.

I don't have any sites there, so I cannot see that is connected to MS
security downloads.
Perhaps an anti-malware application you have installed those entries?

....Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 23:02:46 -0700, "shakey" <shakey@sonic.net> wrote:

>I just looked at internet options - security - restricted sites and found a
>bunch in there. I had none about a month ago and never had any before. Some
>sound bad but that's irrelevant, my question is how did they get there? Is
>this some connection to MS's new security downloads?
>SG

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> I just looked at internet options - security - restricted
> sites and found a
> bunch in there. I had none about a month ago and never had any
> before. Some
> sound bad but that's irrelevant, my question is how did they
> get there? Is
> this some connection to MS's new security downloads?
> SG

did you install a program such as Spybot or any other security type
software, how ever, you should leave them there.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/New-Users-Internet-options-ftopict396935.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1309018

Shakey

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

"Sparda" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> "" wrote:
> > I just looked at internet options - security - restricted
> > sites and found a
> > bunch in there. I had none about a month ago and never had any
> > before. Some
> > sound bad but that's irrelevant, my question is how did they
> > get there? Is
> > this some connection to MS's new security downloads?
> > SG
>
> did you install a program such as Spybot or any other security type
> software, how ever, you should leave them there.

I have had them for a year but they never put anything into my restricted
file site. I DO NOT suspect them now.
SG