Asus A7N8X bunch of errors

DeltronZero

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2003
Just started happening for now reason after a normal reboot.

-Warning!! Case open warning
-Warning!! CPU Have Overspeed
-Primary IDE Channel no 80 conductor cable installed

I flashed the CMOS and got rid of the Have Overspeed warning.

Here's the system specs.
-Asus A7N8X Mobo
-Win XP Pro
-ATI 9500
-512mb DDR

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
Sounds like there's some extra stuff you can turn off in the BIOS.... Probably under 'Security Settings' or something similar... If it's stable under windows, these warnings are not a problem.

Although it does sound like you've either got a dodgy IDE cable, or you're using an old one. Try swapping it for a new 80-pin one, or you'll suffer reduced performance, and possibly get read errors etc.

If you're using a SATA drive instead, and not using the normal IDE channels, you'll need to diable unused channels in the BIOS.

---
The end is nigh.. (For this post at least) :smile:

endyen

Splendid
Personnally I would just slap her, oh I mean disable audible warnings in the bios. The 80 wire cable warning is probably because you have a 40 conductor cable plugged in to the primary slot, but are using it for a cd unit. You could get rid of that by swapping your primary and secondary ide cables at the board.

TKH

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2002
-Warning!! Case open warning
-Warning!! CPU Have Overspeed
-Primary IDE Channel no 80 conductor cable installed
The first warning may be due to you accidentally jumper on the chasis security, which is one of the feature.
The second warning is nothing to worry, just reset CMOS.
The third one is either you connect the wrong IDE cable on the primary IDE channel, or you use SATA hdd without disable the PATA.
About the blank BIOS... are you sure your system can POST? A system without BIOS will not boot up at all... so you are not going to get WinXP installed...

If I agree with you... will you shut up?
<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=22996" target="_new">My System Rig</A>