Which of your products can be used to create / burn a web ..

July 17, 2005 5:29:06 PM

Which of your products can be used to create / burn a web to a cd or dvd and
also create an autostart file / cd?

Where on your website in the help info to create / burn a web to a cd or dvd
and also create an autostart file / cd?

=======================================
"Imagination...is the irrepressible revolutionist."

Regards, Gary 'Doc' Adams in New Orleans

http://military.accaw.org/adams/

~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~
=======================================
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 5:29:07 PM

In news:urNwr1viFHA.3316@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
CTLouisiana@msn.com <CTLouisiana@msn.com> typed:

> Which of your products can be used to create / burn a web to a
> cd or
> dvd and also create an autostart file / cd?
>
> Where on your website in the help info to create / burn a web
> to a cd
> or dvd and also create an autostart file / cd?

You apparently think you're addressing Microsoft here.

This is not Microsoft, this is a Windows XP peer support
newsgroup. We are all just Windows XP users here, helping each
other when we can. There's an occasional Microsoft employee who
posts here, but any employee who posts here is doing it
unofficially, on his own time.

Those of us with the "Microsoft MVP" title are not Microsoft
employees, just people who have been recognized by Microsoft for
supplying consistently helpful advice.

Please reply to the newsgroup
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 6:32:59 PM

CTLouisianawrote:
> Which of your products can be used to create / burn a web to a cd or
> dvd and also create an autostart file / cd?

Which of *my* products?
Hmmm.. I don't have a CD/DVD burning application I coded as of yet.. I'll
get back to you.

> Where on your website in the help info to create / burn a web to a cd
> or dvd and also create an autostart file / cd?

I am unsure whether you have ever visited my website.

> =======================================
> ~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~
> =======================================

Good advice. One should always take their own advice for a test run before
doling it out to others, however. =)

This is a Microsoft Peer-Support newsgroup. Although those from Microsoft
may occasionally (of their own volition) post/respond to posts here - it is
by no means mandatory or common. I believe you have mistakenly assumed that
this worldwide distributed newsgroup is a direct line to Microsoft.. It is
not.

My first bit of advice:

Search using Google!
http://www.google.com/
(How-to: http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html )

My second bit of advice:

Burning CDs in Windows XP
http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm

A last bit of advice for you:

ISORecorder page (with general instructions on use):
http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/beta.htm

DeepBurner Free
http://www.deepburner.com/

CDBurnerXP Pro
http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

Search the web with Pricewatch.com or Dealsites.net and find deals on
Products like Ahead Nero and/or Roxio.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

CTLouisiana@msn.com wrote:
> Which of your products can be used to create / burn a web to a cd or dvd and
> also create an autostart file / cd?
>
> Where on your website in the help info to create / burn a web to a cd or dvd
> and also create an autostart file / cd?
>
> =======================================
> "Imagination...is the irrepressible revolutionist."
>
> Regards, Gary 'Doc' Adams in New Orleans
>
> http://military.accaw.org/adams/
>
> ~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~
> =======================================

It depends on what you want to do. If you've authored your own website
you can simply burn the entire site, from your hard drive to a CD. First
create a simple autostart file and include that as well. Here is an
example of the autostart file. Just open notepad and enter what you see
between the ------ . (Hint: Don't copy the -------)
---------
[AutoRun]
Open=explorer.exe index.htm
-------

Save the file as "autorun.inf" and ensure it is copied to the root of
the CD along with your index.htm file. If you use another name for the
index.htm file like home.html for example then make the appropriate
modification so that the autorun.inf points to it. When the CD is popped
into a CD-Rom it will autostart the index.htm file.
BIG HINT - use CD-R/Ws as you will likely mess up a few times before
getting it right.

If you plan to download a website off the internet you need to be aware
of the possibility of copyright infringements. You will need third party
software to do this. This is a simple program that can snag entire sites
http://www.sharewarejunkies.com/8zwd5/site_snagger.htm There are
others. Search for them using google. Remember that a site can have
many, many layers and can also be linked to many other sites so a site
snag can be a lot of trouble.

If you need a more complex solution for your server then I'd recommend
something like this http://www.tenmax.com/webdisc/backups.htm
--

Harry Ohrn MS MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca\windowsxp

Thanks Harry. My son in law lives in Toronto.

I have wanted to create a simple autorun for over a year.

I have a new HP with a Sony DVD-RW and burn everything fine.
But your answer on the autostart is what I could not find in Google.
The links only listed software that created an autostart CD
I use FP to create websites.
Sony and others for slides.
Added music files.

Created the autorun.inf as you explained.

Burned all to a CD-RW
Works perfect.
Where should I send the New Orleans Cajun Gumbo?
Thanks a million! Crawfish that is!
=======================================
Best regards with your searching, Gary 'Doc' Adams
New Orleans, Louisiana - USA
Lsu @ msn.com
http://searchingforfamily.org
~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~
=======================================

news:o uZkzMxiFHA.1464@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> CTLouisiana@msn.com wrote:
>> Which of your products can be used to create / burn a web to a cd or dvd
>> and also create an autostart file / cd?
>>
>> Where on your website in the help info to create / burn a web to a cd or
>> dvd and also create an autostart file / cd?
>>
>> =======================================
>> "Imagination...is the irrepressible revolutionist."
>>
>> Regards, Gary 'Doc' Adams in New Orleans
>>
>> http://military.accaw.org/adams/
>>
>> ~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~
>> =======================================
> It depends on what you want to do. If you've authored your own website you
> can simply burn the entire site, from your hard drive to a CD. First
> create a simple autostart file and include that as well. Here is an
> example of the autostart file. Just open notepad and enter what you see
> between the ------ . (Hint: Don't copy the -------)
> ---------
> [AutoRun]
> Open=explorer.exe index.htm
> -------
>
> Save the file as "autorun.inf" and ensure it is copied to the root of the
> CD along with your index.htm file. If you use another name for the
> index.htm file like home.html for example then make the appropriate
> modification so that the autorun.inf points to it. When the CD is popped
> into a CD-Rom it will autostart the index.htm file.
> BIG HINT - use CD-R/Ws as you will likely mess up a few times before
> getting it right.
>

> If you plan to download a website off the internet you need to be aware of
> the possibility of copyright infringements. You will need third party
> software to do this. This is a simple program that can snag entire sites
> http://www.sharewarejunkies.com/8zwd5/site_snagger.htm There are others.
> Search for them using google. Remember that a site can have many, many
> layers and can also be linked to many other sites so a site snag can be a
> lot of trouble.
>
> If you need a more complex solution for your server then I'd recommend
> something like this http://www.tenmax.com/webdisc/backups.htm
> --
>
> Harry Ohrn MS MVP [Shell/User]
> www.webtree.ca\windowsxp