Game of the year. What's it going to be?

SlapHappyJesus

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
It's almost time for the annual " wut is teh most 1337" game of the year awards. I was just wondering what games you guys think will be nominated, and which one you either want, or think will win. I think that Assassin's Creed 2, DA:Origins, Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, and Halo:ODST, will be up this year, and I am hoping that Dragon Age takes it. I haven't palyed the game yet, but I've heard great things so far, besides I think alot of us rpg enthusiasts have been waiting for another Baldur's Gate-esque game from Bioware.

DeeTee_uk

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2009
Having had a bit of time with it, I have to say Dragon Age : Origins. I was prepared to be cynical, but I'm really impressed. I am a bit disappointed with the DLC implementation though.

purplerat

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
From what I've played so far, Dragon Age Origins looks pretty good but I'll hold off on a final opinion until after L4D2 is out. Lots of good games this year but nothing that really grabbed me as special until I started playing Dragon Age this week. In fact most of my gaming time this year has been spent on L4D.

damian86

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
i would say splinter cell conviction/BFBC2/Crysis 2
any of them 3.then if you're talking about games that came out in 2009,we could say halo odst but this is only on xbox360 so i wouldn't call it game of the year...
maybe mirror's edge?Dirt2?Complicated

ToreTrygg

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
I'm a big fan of Bioshock, so I'm waiting passionately for Bioshock2. Take a look at new BigDaddy:

bioshock2.01.lg.jpg