Adding scanner

July 17, 2005 7:47:40 PM

I have an Epson Perfection 1200 U scanner that works fine in Win 2k.
With XP, Device Manager said device is not
working properly. Windows found the driver, and I began installing. Then
a message: "Has not passed Windows Logo
testing to verify compatibly with XP. ... may impair operating of this
system." Scary message. Does this mean that I should avoid installing
this scanner?

More about : adding scanner

July 17, 2005 7:47:41 PM

Sanford Aranoff wrote:

> I have an Epson Perfection 1200 U scanner that works fine in Win 2k.
> With XP, Device Manager said device is not
> working properly. Windows found the driver, and I began installing.
> Then a message: "Has not passed Windows Logo
> testing to verify compatibly with XP. ... may impair operating of this
> system." Scary message. Does this mean that I should avoid installing
> this scanner?

Make a System Restore point before you install the driver. Did you get
the driver from Epson's website for your scanner? If there are no
drivers specifically for XP, your Win2k drivers might work and they
might not. The only way to tell is to try.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

Hi

Try here for an XP compliant driver:

http://esupport.epson-europe.com/ProductHome.aspx?lng=e...

Don't forget to disconnect the scanner before you install the driver.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Sanford Aranoff" <aranoff@analysis-knowledge.com> wrote in message
>I have an Epson Perfection 1200 U scanner that works fine in Win 2k.
> With XP, Device Manager said device is not
> working properly. Windows found the driver, and I began installing. Then
> a message: "Has not passed Windows Logo
> testing to verify compatibly with XP. ... may impair operating of this
> system." Scary message. Does this mean that I should avoid installing
> this scanner?

July 18, 2005 1:11:47 AM

I downloaded the driver and ran.

Control Panel|Add new hardware. It found the scanner, with an ! mark. Add new hardware. Got the same error message.

Will Denny wrote:

> Hi
>
> Try here for an XP compliant driver:
>
> http://esupport.epson-europe.com/ProductHome.aspx?lng=e...
>
> Don't forget to disconnect the scanner before you install the driver.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>
> "Sanford Aranoff" <aranoff@analysis-knowledge.com> wrote in message
> >I have an Epson Perfection 1200 U scanner that works fine in Win 2k.
> > With XP, Device Manager said device is not
> > working properly. Windows found the driver, and I began installing. Then
> > a message: "Has not passed Windows Logo
> > testing to verify compatibly with XP. ... may impair operating of this
> > system." Scary message. Does this mean that I should avoid installing
> > this scanner?

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 1:57:38 AM

Hi

Did you uninstall any previous drivers beforehand and disconnect the scanner
before installing the new drivers?

--

>I downloaded the driver and ran.
>
> Control Panel|Add new hardware. It found the scanner, with an ! mark. Add
> new hardware. Got the same error message.
>
> Will Denny wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Try here for an XP compliant driver:
>>
>> http://esupport.epson-europe.com/ProductHome.aspx?lng=e...
>>
>> Don't forget to disconnect the scanner before you install the driver.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>
>> "Sanford Aranoff" <aranoff@analysis-knowledge.com> wrote in message
>> >I have an Epson Perfection 1200 U scanner that works fine in Win 2k.
>> > With XP, Device Manager said device is not
>> > working properly. Windows found the driver, and I began installing.
>> > Then
>> > a message: "Has not passed Windows Logo
>> > testing to verify compatibly with XP. ... may impair operating of this
>> > system." Scary message. Does this mean that I should avoid installing
>> > this scanner?

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 1:57:39 AM

Try to uninstall the drivers. "Driver needed for system. Cannot uninstall." Try to install. "Uninstalling. Installing." Seems okay.
However, Device Manager says device is not working properly. If I allow Windows to install the device, I get the scare message.

Will Denny wrote:

> Hi
>
> Did you uninstall any previous drivers beforehand and disconnect the scanner
> before installing the new drivers?
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>
> "Sanford Aranoff" <aranoff@analysis-knowledge.com> wrote in message
> >I downloaded the driver and ran.
> >
> > Control Panel|Add new hardware. It found the scanner, with an ! mark. Add
> > new hardware. Got the same error message.
> >
> > Will Denny wrote:
> >
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Try here for an XP compliant driver:
> >>
> >> http://esupport.epson-europe.com/ProductHome.aspx?lng=e...
> >>
> >> Don't forget to disconnect the scanner before you install the driver.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Will Denny
> >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >> Please reply to the News Groups
> >>
> >> "Sanford Aranoff" <aranoff@analysis-knowledge.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 2:40:32 AM

Hi

Try to disable the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) Service - then attempt
the uninstall/reinstall. Re-enable the WIA Service afterwards.

You can access the Services by typing the following from Start>Run and then
scrolling down the list:

services.msc

Right click the WIA Service and select 'Stop'. Then right click the WIA
Service again and select Properties. Make sure the 'Startup type:' drop
down menu is set to 'Disabled'. Then reboot your system.

--

> Try to uninstall the drivers. "Driver needed for system. Cannot
> uninstall." Try to install. "Uninstalling. Installing." Seems okay.
> However, Device Manager says device is not working properly. If I allow
> Windows to install the device, I get the scare message.
>
> Will Denny wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Did you uninstall any previous drivers beforehand and disconnect the
>> scanner
>> before installing the new drivers?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>
>> "Sanford Aranoff" <aranoff@analysis-knowledge.com> wrote in message
>> >I downloaded the driver and ran.
>> >
>> > Control Panel|Add new hardware. It found the scanner, with an ! mark.
>> > Add
>> > new hardware. Got the same error message.

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 2:42:19 AM

As a thought, you may be able to just stop the WIA Service instead of
disabling it as well - then try the uninstall/reinstall.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

"Sanford Aranoff" <aranoff@analysis-knowledge.com> wrote in message
> Try to uninstall the drivers. "Driver needed for system. Cannot
> uninstall." Try to install. "Uninstalling. Installing." Seems okay.
> However, Device Manager says device is not working properly. If I allow
> Windows to install the device, I get the scare message.
>
> Will Denny wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Did you uninstall any previous drivers beforehand and disconnect the
>> scanner
>> before installing the new drivers?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>
>> "Sanford Aranoff" <aranoff@analysis-knowledge.com> wrote in message
>> >I downloaded the driver and ran.
>> >
>> > Control Panel|Add new hardware. It found the scanner, with an ! mark.
>> > Add
>> > new hardware. Got the same error message.

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 2:42:20 AM

Disabled service. Rebooted. Cannot uninstall.

What is the big problem? This is a new system!

Will Denny wrote:

> As a thought, you may be able to just stop the WIA Service instead of
> disabling it as well - then try the uninstall/reinstall.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>
> "Sanford Aranoff" <aranoff@analysis-knowledge.com> wrote in message
> > Try to uninstall the drivers. "Driver needed for system. Cannot
> > uninstall." Try to install. "Uninstalling. Installing." Seems okay.
> > However, Device Manager says device is not working properly. If I allow
> > Windows to install the device, I get the scare message.
> >
> > Will Denny wrote:
> >
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Did you uninstall any previous drivers beforehand and disconnect the
> >> scanner
> >> before installing the new drivers?
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Will Denny
> >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >> Please reply to the News Groups
> >>
> >> "Sanford Aranoff" <aranoff@analysis-knowledge.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 3:23:43 AM

Hi

The driver and the scanner aren't compatible for some reason. The Twain
drivers are different versions between the 1240U I've got here and your
1200U. Have you tried contacting Epson - there may be a specific driver
that is needed:

http://esupport.epson-europe.com/FAQListing.aspx?lng=en...

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.js...

> Disabled service. Rebooted. Cannot uninstall.
>
> What is the big problem? This is a new system!
>
> Will Denny wrote:
>
>> As a thought, you may be able to just stop the WIA Service instead of
>> disabling it as well - then try the uninstall/reinstall.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>
>> "Sanford Aranoff" <aranoff@analysis-knowledge.com> wrote in message
>> > Try to uninstall the drivers. "Driver needed for system. Cannot
>> > uninstall." Try to install. "Uninstalling. Installing." Seems okay.
>> > However, Device Manager says device is not working properly. If I allow
>> > Windows to install the device, I get the scare message.

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 3:23:44 AM

Yes, but why cannot I uninstall it?

Will Denny wrote:

> Hi
>
> The driver and the scanner aren't compatible for some reason. The Twain
> drivers are different versions between the 1240U I've got here and your
> 1200U. Have you tried contacting Epson - there may be a specific driver
> that is needed:
>
> http://esupport.epson-europe.com/FAQListing.aspx?lng=en...
>
> http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.js...
>
> http://esupport.epson-europe.com/FAQListing.aspx?lng=en...
>
> http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.js...
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>
> "Sanford Aranoff" <aranoff@analysis-knowledge.com> wrote in message
> > Disabled service. Rebooted. Cannot uninstall.
> >
> > What is the big problem? This is a new system!
> >
> > Will Denny wrote:
> >
> >> As a thought, you may be able to just stop the WIA Service instead of
> >> disabling it as well - then try the uninstall/reinstall.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Will Denny
> >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >> Please reply to the News Groups
> >>
> >> "Sanford Aranoff" <aranoff@analysis-knowledge.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 3:23:44 AM

The Epson website states:
*****
TWAIN Driver v5.53A
Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Me, Windows 98
epson10245.exe - 4.6MB - posted on 02/25/02
This self-extracting file contains the Epson Perfection 1200U and 1200U Photo TWAIN Driver v5.53A.

Important: The scanner must be disconnected from computer during the installation of this driver.

NOTE: Windows XP Users: You will get a Hardware Installation dialog box when you install the scanner. Click Continue Anyway to complete
installation.

Windows 2000 Users: You will get the Digital Signature Not Found dialog box during installation. Click Yes to continue installation.
*****
My question is that I got the Digital Signature Not Found dialog box during installation. My problem is that this is XP, not 2000. What do you
recommend? Continue with installation? Will I risk my computer?

Will Denny wrote:

> Hi
>
> The driver and the scanner aren't compatible for some reason. The Twain
> drivers are different versions between the 1240U I've got here and your
> 1200U. Have you tried contacting Epson - there may be a specific driver
> that is needed:
>
> http://esupport.epson-europe.com/FAQListing.aspx?lng=en...
>
> http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.js...
>
> http://esupport.epson-europe.com/FAQListing.aspx?lng=en...
>
> http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.js...
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>
> "Sanford Aranoff" <aranoff@analysis-knowledge.com> wrote in message
> > Disabled service. Rebooted. Cannot uninstall.
> >
> > What is the big problem? This is a new system!
> >
> > Will Denny wrote:
> >
> >> As a thought, you may be able to just stop the WIA Service instead of
> >> disabling it as well - then try the uninstall/reinstall.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Will Denny
> >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >> Please reply to the News Groups
> >>
> >> "Sanford Aranoff" <aranoff@analysis-knowledge.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 3:23:45 AM

After disabling WIA service, I changed startup to automatic. I could not start it. No processes...

Sanford Aranoff wrote:

> Yes, but why cannot I uninstall it?
>
> Will Denny wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > The driver and the scanner aren't compatible for some reason. The Twain
> > drivers are different versions between the 1240U I've got here and your
> > 1200U. Have you tried contacting Epson - there may be a specific driver
> > that is needed:
> >
> > http://esupport.epson-europe.com/FAQListing.aspx?lng=en...
> >
> > http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.js...
> >
> > http://esupport.epson-europe.com/FAQListing.aspx?lng=en...
> >
> > http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.js...
> >
> > --
> >
> > Will Denny
> > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> > Please reply to the News Groups
> >
> > "Sanford Aranoff" <aranoff@analysis-knowledge.com> wrote in message
> > > Disabled service. Rebooted. Cannot uninstall.
> > >
> > > What is the big problem? This is a new system!

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 3:23:45 AM

I successfully installed the scanner.
First, I created a restore point.
Then when the message came up, I said continue.

I guess things are okay. Strange message!

Sanford Aranoff wrote:

> The Epson website states:
> *****
> TWAIN Driver v5.53A
> Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Me, Windows 98
> epson10245.exe - 4.6MB - posted on 02/25/02
> This self-extracting file contains the Epson Perfection 1200U and 1200U Photo TWAIN Driver v5.53A.
>
> Important: The scanner must be disconnected from computer during the installation of this driver.
>
> NOTE: Windows XP Users: You will get a Hardware Installation dialog box when you install the scanner. Click Continue Anyway to complete
> installation.
>
> Windows 2000 Users: You will get the Digital Signature Not Found dialog box during installation. Click Yes to continue installation.
> *****
> My question is that I got the Digital Signature Not Found dialog box during installation. My problem is that this is XP, not 2000. What do you
> recommend? Continue with installation? Will I risk my computer?
>
> Will Denny wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > The driver and the scanner aren't compatible for some reason. The Twain
> > drivers are different versions between the 1240U I've got here and your
> > 1200U. Have you tried contacting Epson - there may be a specific driver
> > that is needed:
> >
> > http://esupport.epson-europe.com/FAQListing.aspx?lng=en...
> >
> > http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.js...
> >
> > http://esupport.epson-europe.com/FAQListing.aspx?lng=en...
> >
> > http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.js...
> >
> > --
> >
> > Will Denny
> > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> > Please reply to the News Groups
> >
> > "Sanford Aranoff" <aranoff@analysis-knowledge.com> wrote in message
> > > Disabled service. Rebooted. Cannot uninstall.
> > >
> > > What is the big problem? This is a new system!

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 3:23:46 AM

Most folks reboot into SAFE mode to remove drivers / programs.

=======================================
Best regards with your searching, Gary 'Doc' Adams
New Orleans, Louisiana - USA
Lsu @ msn.com
http://searchingforfamily.org
~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~
=======================================

>I successfully installed the scanner.
> First, I created a restore point.
> Then when the message came up, I said continue.
>
> I guess things are okay. Strange message!
>
> Sanford Aranoff wrote:
>
>> The Epson website states:
>> *****
>> TWAIN Driver v5.53A
>> Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Me, Windows 98
>> epson10245.exe - 4.6MB - posted on 02/25/02
>> This self-extracting file contains the Epson Perfection 1200U and 1200U
>> Photo TWAIN Driver v5.53A.
>>
>> Important: The scanner must be disconnected from computer during the
>> installation of this driver.
>>
>> NOTE: Windows XP Users: You will get a Hardware Installation dialog box
>> when you install the scanner. Click Continue Anyway to complete
>> installation.
>>
>> Windows 2000 Users: You will get the Digital Signature Not Found dialog
>> box during installation. Click Yes to continue installation.
>> *****
>> My question is that I got the Digital Signature Not Found dialog box
>> during installation. My problem is that this is XP, not 2000. What do you
>> recommend? Continue with installation? Will I risk my computer?
>>
>> Will Denny wrote:
>>
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > The driver and the scanner aren't compatible for some reason. The
>> > Twain
>> > drivers are different versions between the 1240U I've got here and your
>> > 1200U. Have you tried contacting Epson - there may be a specific
>> > driver
>> > that is needed:
>> >
>> > http://esupport.epson-europe.com/FAQListing.aspx?lng=en...
>> >
>> > http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.js...
>> >
>> > http://esupport.epson-europe.com/FAQListing.aspx?lng=en...
>> >
>> > http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.js...
>> >
>> > --
>> >
>> > Will Denny
>> > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> > Please reply to the News Groups
>> >
>> > "Sanford Aranoff" <aranoff@analysis-knowledge.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 5:49:55 AM

The problem is user error. Just click yes on the warning and enjoy your
scanner.

"Sanford Aranoff" <aranoff@analysis-knowledge.com> wrote in message
> Disabled service. Rebooted. Cannot uninstall.
>
> What is the big problem? This is a new system!
>
> Will Denny wrote:
>
>> As a thought, you may be able to just stop the WIA Service instead of
>> disabling it as well - then try the uninstall/reinstall.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>
>> "Sanford Aranoff" <aranoff@analysis-knowledge.com> wrote in message
>> > Try to uninstall the drivers. "Driver needed for system. Cannot
>> > uninstall." Try to install. "Uninstalling. Installing." Seems okay.
>> > However, Device Manager says device is not working properly. If I allow
>> > Windows to install the device, I get the scare message.

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 11:31:25 AM

Again, I did click yes, and the scanner device is working.

My question is what is the meaning of the error message?

Safe mode did not make a difference. I did use restore points.

pcbutts1 wrote:

> The problem is user error. Just click yes on the warning and enjoy your
> scanner.

> "Sanford Aranoff" <aranoff@analysis-knowledge.com> wrote in message
> > Disabled service. Rebooted. Cannot uninstall.
> >
> > What is the big problem? This is a new system!
> >
> > Will Denny wrote:
> >
> >> As a thought, you may be able to just stop the WIA Service instead of
> >> disabling it as well - then try the uninstall/reinstall.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Will Denny
> >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >> Please reply to the News Groups
> >>
> >> "Sanford Aranoff" <aranoff@analysis-knowledge.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 5:10:49 PM

Hi

"Most folks reboot into SAFE mode" - where did you get that from?

--

<CTLouisiana@msn.com> wrote in message
> Most folks reboot into SAFE mode to remove drivers / programs.
>
> =======================================
> Best regards with your searching, Gary 'Doc' Adams
> New Orleans, Louisiana - USA
> Lsu @ msn.com
> http://searchingforfamily.org
> ~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~
> =======================================
>

> "Sanford Aranoff" <aranoff@analysis-knowledge.com> wrote in message
>>I successfully installed the scanner.
>> First, I created a restore point.
>> Then when the message came up, I said continue.
>>
>> I guess things are okay. Strange message!
>>
>> Sanford Aranoff wrote:
>>
>>> The Epson website states:
>>> *****
>>> TWAIN Driver v5.53A
>>> Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Me, Windows 98
>>> epson10245.exe - 4.6MB - posted on 02/25/02
>>> This self-extracting file contains the Epson Perfection 1200U and 1200U
>>> Photo TWAIN Driver v5.53A.
>>>
>>> Important: The scanner must be disconnected from computer during the
>>> installation of this driver.
>>>
>>> NOTE: Windows XP Users: You will get a Hardware Installation dialog box
>>> when you install the scanner. Click Continue Anyway to complete
>>> installation.
>>>
>>> Windows 2000 Users: You will get the Digital Signature Not Found dialog
>>> box during installation. Click Yes to continue installation.
>>> *****
>>> My question is that I got the Digital Signature Not Found dialog box
>>> during installation. My problem is that this is XP, not 2000. What do
>>> you
>>> recommend? Continue with installation? Will I risk my computer?

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 5:15:43 PM

Hi

Most devices will work by bypassing the "Has not passed Windows Logo..."
warning. It means that the drivers you are trying to install haven't been
tested by MS with that particular device and that any continuation with the
install cannot guarantee that the install will not have any repercussions on
your Windows system.

--

> Again, I did click yes, and the scanner device is working.
>
> My question is what is the meaning of the error message?
>
> Safe mode did not make a difference. I did use restore points.
>
> pcbutts1 wrote:
>
>> The problem is user error. Just click yes on the warning and enjoy your
>> scanner.
>>
>> --

>> "Sanford Aranoff" <aranoff@analysis-knowledge.com> wrote in message
>> > Disabled service. Rebooted. Cannot uninstall.
>> >
>> > What is the big problem? This is a new system!

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 5:15:44 PM

Okay. Good to know.
We must add to standard advice to first set a restore point, and then to press continue.
The new user will get scared with this message.

Will Denny wrote:

> Hi
>
> Most devices will work by bypassing the "Has not passed Windows Logo..."
> warning. It means that the drivers you are trying to install haven't been
> tested by MS with that particular device and that any continuation with the
> install cannot guarantee that the install will not have any repercussions on
> your Windows system.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>
> "Sanford Aranoff" <aranoff@analysis-knowledge.com> wrote in message
> > Again, I did click yes, and the scanner device is working.
> >
> > My question is what is the meaning of the error message?
> >
> > Safe mode did not make a difference. I did use restore points.
> >
> > pcbutts1 wrote:
> >
> >> The problem is user error. Just click yes on the warning and enjoy your
> >> scanner.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> The best live web video on the internet http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
> >> NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
> >> See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
> >> Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
> >>
> >> "Sanford Aranoff" <aranoff@analysis-knowledge.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 7:25:19 PM

Malke wrote:
> Sanford Aranoff wrote:
>
>> I have an Epson Perfection 1200 U scanner that works fine in Win 2k.
>> With XP, Device Manager said device is not
>> working properly. Windows found the driver, and I began installing.
>> Then a message: "Has not passed Windows Logo
>> testing to verify compatibly with XP. ... may impair operating of
>> this system." Scary message. Does this mean that I should avoid
>> installing this scanner?
>
> Make a System Restore point before you install the driver. Did you get
> the driver from Epson's website for your scanner? If there are no
> drivers specifically for XP, your Win2k drivers might work and they
> might not. The only way to tell is to try.
>
> Malke

Malke,

That model works flawlessly under XP - I had the very same unit up until a
year or so ago. It's still in PWO, I upgraded because I needed a higher
resolution than it was capable of. Epson has drivers and software.

See http://tinyurl.com/8gbfa. I guarantee it works! ;o)

Miss T.
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 7:30:27 PM

Will Denny wrote:
> Hi
>
> The driver and the scanner aren't compatible for some reason. The
> Twain drivers are different versions between the 1240U I've got here
> and your 1200U. Have you tried contacting Epson - there may be a
> specific driver that is needed:

William,

I have an identical unit (well did have until I upgraded to something with a
higher resolution). Still have it and, to test what the OP is attesting I
dragged it down from the cupboard and attempted to install it on my parents'
box (running a fully updated XP Home). It installed - and worked -
flawlessly with the software and driver available here
(http://tinyurl.com/8gbfa).

I must admit I've not installed it on here (because I already have a 4950
installed and don't know how well they'd sit alongside each other - my
parents don't have another scanner attached to theirs).

Miss T.
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 7:32:26 PM

Will Denny wrote:
> Hi
>
> "Most folks reboot into SAFE mode" - where did you get that from?

Ignore CT - he's another Andrew the Eejit, he's not done quite enough to be
inducted (or should that be indicted?) into the Moron of the Month Hall of
Shame yet, though. Give him another fortnight or so and... ;o)
July 18, 2005 7:32:27 PM

You are the President of The Moron of the Month Hall of Shame, right? Isn't
that why you are so familiar with it? Are you not the founding member?

> Will Denny wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> "Most folks reboot into SAFE mode" - where did you get that from?
>>

> Ignore CT - he's another Andrew the Eejit, he's not done quite enough to
> be inducted (or should that be indicted?) into the Moron of the Month Hall
> of Shame yet, though. Give him another fortnight or so and... ;o)

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 8:01:32 PM

> Will Denny wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> "Most folks reboot into SAFE mode" - where did you get that from?
>>

> Ignore CT - he's another Andrew the Eejit, he's not done quite enough to
> be inducted (or should that be indicted?) into the Moron of the Month Hall
> of Shame yet, though. Give him another fortnight or so and... ;o)

My reply Sarah was TIC - I didn't expect any reply.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 8:06:10 PM

> Will Denny wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> The driver and the scanner aren't compatible for some reason. The
>> Twain drivers are different versions between the 1240U I've got here
>> and your 1200U. Have you tried contacting Epson - there may be a
>> specific driver that is needed:
>>

> William,
>
> I have an identical unit (well did have until I upgraded to something with
> a higher resolution). Still have it and, to test what the OP is attesting
> I dragged it down from the cupboard and attempted to install it on my
> parents' box (running a fully updated XP Home). It installed - and
> worked - flawlessly with the software and driver available here
> (http://tinyurl.com/8gbfa).
>
> I must admit I've not installed it on here (because I already have a 4950
> installed and don't know how well they'd sit alongside each other - my
> parents don't have another scanner attached to theirs).
>
> Miss T.

Thanks Sarah - I've only a 1240U here so couldn't test the Twain drivers as
they are different versions. I don't know why the OP's system isn't
recognising the drivers. Hope you haven't 'cobbled up' your parent's
system? : -)

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 8:07:48 PM

Hi

Yes, setting a Restore Point before is a good idea. However you will have
to back out of the installation initially to create the Restore checkpoint.

--

> Okay. Good to know.
> We must add to standard advice to first set a restore point, and then to
> press continue.
> The new user will get scared with this message.
>
> Will Denny wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Most devices will work by bypassing the "Has not passed Windows Logo..."
>> warning. It means that the drivers you are trying to install haven't
>> been
>> tested by MS with that particular device and that any continuation with
>> the
>> install cannot guarantee that the install will not have any repercussions
>> on
>> your Windows system.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>
>> "Sanford Aranoff" <aranoff@analysis-knowledge.com> wrote in message
>> > Again, I did click yes, and the scanner device is working.
>> >
>> > My question is what is the meaning of the error message?
>> >
>> > Safe mode did not make a difference. I did use restore points.

Anonymous
July 19, 2005 2:08:08 AM

So, it is true that Tick and Candy are the same fat boy? Girl? Not sure
what they are?
No one is responsible that you are fat, ugly and unhappy cause no one wants
to give you attention.
So, you should try here on this Usenet to get attention.
Then you never have to face a real person at the Mall and Pee in your pants
when face to face.
You are so bad and tough hiding behind a keyboard.
You really impress a lot of kids hiding behind a keyboard.
Hey, if you don't have a life, live here in Usenet.
Hiding behind your keyboard you can be all you want to be - like the Army.
Is it true? A fat body with a narrow mind is a terrible thing to waste?
Gary Adams in New Orleans @ 314.479.8201 who gets in your face
not behing a keyboard.
=======================================

> Will Denny wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> "Most folks reboot into SAFE mode" - where did you get that from?
>>

> Ignore CT - he's another Andrew the Eejit, he's not done quite enough to
> be inducted (or should that be indicted?) into the Moron of the Month Hall
> of Shame yet, though. Give him another fortnight or so and... ;o)

Anonymous
July 19, 2005 5:51:19 AM

I know he likes man meat and man milk. Thiose trenches in vietnam, where he could watch his mates defecate, were the highlights of his life.

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message news:14PCe.2516$7v6.418@fe07.ams...
> Will Denny wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> "Most folks reboot into SAFE mode" - where did you get that from?
>>

> Ignore CT - he's another Andrew the Eejit, he's not done quite enough to be
> inducted (or should that be indicted?) into the Moron of the Month Hall of
> Shame yet, though. Give him another fortnight or so and... ;o)

Anonymous
July 19, 2005 12:48:54 PM

See this post

It's pretty much what she looks like....yup.........LOL

> So, it is true that Tick and Candy are the same fat boy? Girl? Not sure
> what they are?
> No one is responsible that you are fat, ugly and unhappy cause no one
> wants to give you attention.
> So, you should try here on this Usenet to get attention.
> Then you never have to face a real person at the Mall and Pee in your
> pants when face to face.
> You are so bad and tough hiding behind a keyboard.
> You really impress a lot of kids hiding behind a keyboard.
> Hey, if you don't have a life, live here in Usenet.
> Hiding behind your keyboard you can be all you want to be - like the Army.
> Is it true? A fat body with a narrow mind is a terrible thing to waste?
> Gary Adams in New Orleans @ 314.479.8201 who gets in your face
> not behing a keyboard.
> =======================================
>

> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message
>> Will Denny wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> "Most folks reboot into SAFE mode" - where did you get that from?
>>>

>> Ignore CT - he's another Andrew the Eejit, he's not done quite enough to
>> be inducted (or should that be indicted?) into the Moron of the Month
>> Hall of Shame yet, though. Give him another fortnight or so and... ;o)

Anonymous
July 19, 2005 5:33:25 PM

CTLouisiana@msn.com wrote:
> So, it is true that Tick and Candy are the same fat boy?

You're even more stupid than I first thought. Oh, yes, I will admit I am
David Candy. I have a time machine which I use to whizz halfway around the
world so that I can make accurately timed posts from Sydney, NSW. I don't
really like being two people, I'd much rather stay in Sydney, but it's a
cross I have to bear...

F***witted retard.
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 8:14:04 PM

Oh, you are a Catholic priest?
You know a lot about the queer movement and manners?
You must have a lot of experience to be focused on the homo movement
and lifestyle.
You never had a normal childhood with normal parents?
Then, you may not miss being a straight male? Female?
Are you a him or shim or what?
=======================================

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
I know he likes man meat and man milk. Thiose trenches in vietnam, where he
could watch his mates defecate, were the highlights of his life.

> Will Denny wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> "Most folks reboot into SAFE mode" - where did you get that from?
>>

> Ignore CT - he's another Andrew the Eejit, he's not done quite enough to
> be
> inducted (or should that be indicted?) into the Moron of the Month Hall of
> Shame yet, though. Give him another fortnight or so and... ;o)

Anonymous
July 19, 2005 8:20:28 PM

I am so impressed with your intelligent writing.
You must impress all the kids who read your posts.
Are you a very fat lonely female who cannot find a normal straight man?
Then, you can be friends with Candy.
He or she or him or shim - whatever gender this week - is like you,
dieing for attention, lonely, non-straight, non-normal, admires the
homosexual lifestyle and focused on it 24/7
You 2 seem to get along well - birds of a feather flock together?
What a life not to have a life but stay in usenet 24/7
trolling for any attention from anyone.
If my grand kids were in your lifestyle I would dis-own them
which I assume your mom has even
if you do not know who your dad is.

> CTLouisiana@msn.com wrote:
>> So, it is true that Tick and Candy are the same fat boy?
>
> You're even more stupid than I first thought. Oh, yes, I will admit I am
> David Candy. I have a time machine which I use to whizz halfway around the
> world so that I can make accurately timed posts from Sydney, NSW. I don't
> really like being two people, I'd much rather stay in Sydney, but it's a
> cross I have to bear...
>
> F***witted retard.

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 3:00:02 AM

Sarah, they found our secret. I will admit that my REAL first name is Doctor and my surname is Who. Sarah is one of my companions. We do wizz about making posts when we have a break from saving the Laws of Time.

!